The return of...Van Halen?

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score
If our American brothers and sister don't want it, Dave, Ed, Alex and Michael, bring the show to Europe. I'm ******* dying to see VAN HALEN.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
If our American brothers and sister don't want it, Dave, Ed, Alex and Michael, bring the show to Europe. I'm ******* dying to see VAN HALEN.
Unfortunately, if you got to see it, you'd see a shell of what was once a hell of a fun band.

And I say that as someone that liked both the classic VH lineup as well as the Van Hagar lineup. I got to see them a couple of times in the 80's and they put on good shows, but from what I've seen in the past 20 years, Eddie and Alex should work on a different project and retire the VH name/franchise.

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score
Unfortunately, if you got to see it, you'd see a shell of what was once a hell of a fun band.

And I say that as someone that liked both the classic VH lineup as well as the Van Hagar lineup. I got to see them a couple of times in the 80's and they put on good shows, but from what I've seen in the past 20 years, Eddie and Alex should work on a different project and retire the VH name/franchise.

I can totally live with that. They're number one on my bands to see list, i'd be more than happy to accept Dave, Eddie, Alex and Wolfgang if it came to the UK / Europe. We've been completely starved of all VH action, apparently they've been booked to headline Download Festival at Donington at least once and pulled out.

One of my absolute favourite bands, I'll take what I can get in 2019 and beyond if it's available.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Don't know if anyone has been paying attention to the most current rumors.

Last week, I read something that some anonymous dude who works for one of the record companies (supposedly) said that the tour this summer so far was booked as being the same VH as the last tour, with EVH, AVH, Wolfie and Diamond Dave. He also said that Michael Anthony was going to be on tour as well, but all he was going to do was come out on stage and play a bass solo with his Jack Daniels bass, but that was all he was going to do.

ma-1988-001.jpg

That just sounds like some stupid-ass BS if you ask me. Why would Anthony agree to do that?

So, just now I was crusing through youtube and came across some audio from a couple of days ago of Eddie Trunk interviewing Sammy who does have the same opinion of that rumor that I do (speficially from the 1:50 to 2:00 mark in this video):

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online