The return of...Van Halen?

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
I love old VH with Roth but as anyone who saw them live last time they toured will tell you DLR can not sing at all these days.
Don't believe me ? Youtube ....

Hydrazoic Acid

Skeptic
Reaction score
I love old VH with Roth but as anyone who saw them live last time they toured will tell you DLR can not sing at all these days.
Don't believe me ? Youtube ....
I'll say more; DLR never was a good singer: not in the studio, nor at the live-shows. Never understood, why did so genial musician, like Eddie, choose so talentless singer...

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
First off, I really hate speculations. I prefer some facts on the table, which is why I usually ignore articles and videos like the one above. Concerning the future of VH and Roth, I’d love for them to record a new album. I thought "A Different Kind of Truth" was great.

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
First off, I really hate speculations. I prefer some facts on the table, which is why I usually ignore articles and videos like the one above. Concerning the future of VH and Roth, I’d love for them to record a new album. I thought "A Different Kind of Truth" was great.

DKoT was 90% - 100% songs that were written in the 1970's and either recorded as is, or had some new lyrics added to an old tune.

I'd be very interested to know if any of them, or the band as a whole, can write an album's worth of good songs.

SanguineRemedy

Speed Demon
Reaction score
@Hydrazoic Acid

How could you say that about David Lee Roth? Hagar might have had a better voice, but he couldn't hold a candle to the showmanship, stage presence, and charisma of Roth. Roth was the greatest frontman Van Halen could possibly have, that mostly poppified garbage they put out post-Roth can't possibly contest albums like VH I and Fair Warning.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
First off, I really hate speculations. I prefer some facts on the table, which is why I usually ignore articles and videos like the one above.

The guy that did this video is a dolt. I've watched several of his videos and end up rolling my eyes at almost all of them. I saw this video floating around the web the other day (before it was posted here) and I didn't click on it for two reasons, 1) the guy that made it is a dolt (as I mentioned) and #2) I honestly have zero interest, even with Michael Anthony.

The videos from the last tour that were all over the net were awful. DLR wasn't a very good live singer back during his prime. He was a good front-man in that he got the crowd going, his onstage performance was good, his charisma on stage and infront of a camera is a big part of what made Van Halen as big as they were ... but vocally he was average at best back in the day. He hasn't been able to sing for shit in live shows for probably 20 years. Anythony can stil sing. Sammy can still sing. I'd rather see a Chickenfoot tour than a classic-lineup tour of Van Halen.

Hydrazoic Acid

Skeptic
Reaction score
@Hydrazoic Acid

How could you say that about David Lee Roth? Hagar might have had a better voice, but he couldn't hold a candle to the showmanship, stage presence, and charisma of Roth. Roth was the greatest frontman Van Halen could possibly have, that mostly poppified garbage they put out post-Roth can't possibly contest albums like VH I and Fair Warning.
Bro, I'd said just about his singer's qualities, not about frontman's. Maybe, he was a good showman, but his singing always was horrible. He's even failed his first audition in Van Halen. 2_sm5.gif

SanguineRemedy

Speed Demon
Reaction score
Bro, I'd said just about his singer's qualities, not about frontman's. Maybe, he was a good showman, but his singing always was horrible. He's even failed his first audition in Van Halen. 2_sm5.gif

Fair enough.. Sorry if I sounded aggressive.

And he can't sing these days either.. Guess age has taken away his stage persona charm too. Aging is a bitch.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online