The return of...Pink Floyd?

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I was thinking of a tribute to Richard Wright that would be a classy way to end the PF legacy while the remaining three members can still pull off a good concert. Then they could do whatever else they wanted.

joe

Reaction score
Ya, you're right LG. I agree a tribute would be nice. I'm just wondering if there isn't more of another motive($).

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^No doubt they would make some Scratch Joe, but it's not like any of them need the money, they are millionaires many times over now. One last DVD of their concert would be a nice touch, with footage of Rick added to make it special.

joe

Reaction score
Ya your right again LG. They have big time cash. You've changed my mind. Let's hope they put it together in memory for Wright. It would be a class act.

OptimisticFutureBlues

Pschonautic Outlaw
Reaction score
Laser light show, $500 a ticket, final Pink Floyd extravaganza filmed in 3d for living rooms everywhere....screw that. Pink Floyd has been hyped in such a way that a single concert would be a freak show of contest winners, rich a**holes and the few lucky well off fans who have managed to hang on long enough to see their favorite band perform one last time. They then go to the concession stand for an expensive glass of beer and a few pictures for their face book account. Pink Floyd is past its time. It simply wouldn't fit, I'm convinced. Not only that think of what the media would do to it, its sickening.

Just listen to the albums people. Its where the true fine music is, and it will always be there.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I disagree with you on every point OFB. There is nothing wrong with going out with a flourish, and let me know how the Stones are doing on tour these days, they seem to still pack them in even if it is just about the money.

Have one last great concert, get a bunch of top notch keyboard players like Rick Wakeman, Keith Emerson, to make guest appearances and put on a show for the ages.

No one is forcing you to spend $500.00 on a ticket, or buy the DVD but the other fans like myself would like to see one last show.

And I do listen to their albums I have almost all of them after all.:grinthumb

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarrelDeSa

Members online