The return of...Pink Floyd?

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
classicrockmagazine.com

Roger Waters has revealed that there may yet be a Pink Floyd reunion.

The bassist/vocalist got together in July with guitarist David Gilmour recently for a charity show. Now Waters has told Rolling Stone: “Things have gotten better since [Live 8] between David and I. We don’t see each other socially – he very much lives in the middle of the countryside in England, and I very much live in Manhattan, so our paths don’t cross, but, when we end up being in England, we’ll probably have dinner… [and] there’s no fussing and fighting going on. David and Nick[Mason, drums] and I might do a one-off [show] somewhere, but there’s no way we’re going to do a tour… [Maybe] like a Live 8 but probably just with us. It’s such a shame that we didn’t get around to it before Rick [Wright, keyboards] died”.

Waters has his own solo shows lined up for next spring.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I agree with Roger, it is a shame Rick passed away before they got to this point. But I think that Rick's death has shaken all of them, and they realize that hanging on to old arguments is not good for any of them, and the band they created deserves to have a couple more "One of" shows at the very least.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I think it'd be cool if their "one more" concert would be a full length one. I mean, Live 8 was great but it's not exactly a long set and so many of their songs have considerable length. If they did that then they should film and release it. :D

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
A ''one-off'' would be great....as long as they did it in New York (Madison Square Garden) and I got to experience it. :grinthumb
:heheh:

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
from classicrockrevisisted

MASON WANTS ONE MORE PINK FLOYD REUNION
This news is brought to you by VH1 Radio's Dave Basner

Roger Waters’ The Wall Live tour is now underway, but will he and his Pink Floyd bandmates ever reunite again? In an interview with Sky News, drummer Nick Mason said he hopes it’ll happen. Mason explained, “We played Live 8, which is hopefully a template for something we could do again.” He added that doing a benefit show is a great idea since “that would be a rather nice way to finish the Pink Floyd existence… just doing a show for the right reasons.” Mason would also like the band to play an acoustic set if they reunited. Read more at UK.News.Yahoo.com.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Then they should do Two concerts, one all out with every toy effect in the arsenal. And another Acoustic one in an intimate club setting.

That would be the proper way to say goodbye.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online

No members online now.