The return of...Britny Fox

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
from blabbermouth.com

BRITNY FOX Rejoined By 'DIZZY' DEAN DAVIDSON - May 8, 2010
Long-running American glam rockers BRITNY FOX have been rejoined by their late-'80s frontman "Dizzy" Dean Davidson. According to a posting on Davidson's Facebook page, the band has secured a new record deal and is planning on releasing a new studio album. A "major tour" will follow, says the guitarist/vocalist, who originally left BRITNY FOX after the release of the band's second album, 1989's "Boys in Heat".

After Davidson exited BRITNY FOX, he was replaced by Las Vegas native Tommy Paris, who sang on the band's last two studio albums, 1991's "Bite Down Hard" and 2003's "Springhead Motorshark".

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Not really too familiar with this band, but I think MP and Thumper will be happy to hear the news 70's Guy.

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
I'm a little skeptical about the "new record deal" and "major tour." Any band in the world could throw those terms into a press release.

Not that I have a problem with Britny Fox. None at all.

In fact, I saw Britny Fox live in 2000 or 2001 and they sounded great. They were the opening act for a package tour and completely blew a half-baked Vince Neil solo band off the stage (Neil was the headliner and showed up stinking drunk). After that show, I would have loved to see them live again.

When I saw them that night, though, Tommy Paris was singing for Britny Fox and I think the band is better with him in it than Dizzy Dean. All the proof you need IMO is the live album BF did with Tommy Paris about ten years back :D

Also, I've noticed a lot of "fans" didn't like Britny's Springhead Motorshark cd but I loved it, it was a pretty interesting listen and a new creative direction for the band.

To me, Dizzy Dean had a darn good thing going with Blackeyed Susan. Too bad he pulled the plug on that group!

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online

No members online now.