Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
jamcanoe.ca

Bee Gees singer plans return
By WENN.COM

Barry Gibb. (AFP PHOTO/ANDREW YATES)

Bee Gees singer Barry Gibb is to launch a solo career in honour of his three deceased brothers.

The last surviving group member lost his bandmate brothers Maurice in 2003 and Robin in May, as well as his other sibling Andy in 1988.

The musician is now planning to return to the stage as a solo star, and will continue to perform the Bee Gees' famous songs.

In a series of messages to fans on his Twitter.com page, he writes, "I will live on the music and no matter what stage I'm standing on my three brothers will be standing there with me. Our whole family appreciates your support at such a difficult time. I will miss all my brothers deeply. I'd like to personally thank all those kind people who grew up with us and enjoyed our music wherever you are in the world."

A family friend tells Britain's Daily Express, "Barry is hurting badly but he knows the boys would expect him to carry on. Next year looks more likely in terms of a return to the stage. He will do his brothers proud."

dynamic_resize

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I wish him well with whatever he does.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Best of luck to Barry. the Bee Gees and their music has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. It would be interesting (and somewhat somber) to see him on stage preforming the songs that made him famous without the incredible harmonies of his brothers.

Still, I wish him well and hope for the best. :)

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
Barry and Robin were going to continue as The Brothers Gibb instead of the Bee Gees, but they must have (wisely) decided against. Barry Gibb could carry on with his production duties, collaboration work and the occasional show, but, speaking for myself, I would not want to see too much Bee Gees material performed without Robin. Barry is 65, so my feeling is that this is the beginning of the end.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I wish him luck, but the Bee Gees famous songs are Famous because of the trio.....

It will be extremely odd to see him solo doing Bee Gee material and having backup singers for the harmony :wtf:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notmrdurden

Members online

No members online now.