The Ramones (Official Thread)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Re: The Ramones

Yes, this is what I really say about any punk bands.... I hate it when I get in an argument with someone over it.. they will say "This band sucks, they can't play" my rebuttal will always be "they're not supposed to be able to play, its punk rock"

I think they can play but they just choose the most basic to the point way of playing. Punk seems to be about less is more which is what separates it. It's the anti-prog! :lmao:

Reaction score

I think they can play but they just choose the most basic to the point way of playing. Punk seems to be about less is more which is what separates it. It's the anti-prog! :lmao:

:grinthumb
guess its a good thing I don't listen to much prog

I'll always take Ramones over Tull, but then again I'll listen to Grateful Dead for hours on end.....

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

...:eek:...I'll try and forget that statement EB.

Not all punk bands were basic, but the best example of the worst punk is undoubtedly the "Sex Pistols". To me they are among the most over-hyped bands in music history, and I have had so many arguments with the "Elitists" that claim their album was any good.

Back to the Ramones, I don't know if I'll ever get their CD's, they just don't excite me very much. That is not to say I don't have a lot of respect for their place in music history, one of the giants of the Punk movement that is undeniable.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Well my favorite tunes is already posted "I Wanna Be Sedated" so here are a couple more that I think people should check out that may be interested.

If anyone is looking for a great starter collection or just wishes to get a big chunk of all their best tunes I would suggest this package. It's quite awesome!

8375024128a069da8c100110.L._AA240_.jpg

snakes&ladders

Reaction score

I'm sorry that I never got to see the Ramones. I never got to CBGB's either ... :wa:

I enjoy their short, intense tunes with amusing lyrics ...

Hell yeah, WAHF is the tune that got me into the Ramones in the first place!!:):).....love Pet Semetary too :)

Reaction score

...:eek:...I'll try and forget that statement EB.

Not all punk bands were basic, but the best example of the worst punk is undoubtedly the "Sex Pistols". To me they are among the most over-hyped bands in music history, and I have had so many arguments with the "Elitists" that claim their album was any good.

Back to the Ramones, I don't know if I'll ever get their CD's, they just don't excite me very much. That is not to say I don't have a lot of respect for their place in music history, one of the giants of the Punk movement that is undeniable.

yeah, I'd figured you'd have something to say about my Tull statement:heheh:
One of the great things about this band is that you can have a compilation and you're not missing anything
Ramones-Greatest_Hits_Live_3.jpg
that one is very good
Ramones_Mania_1.jpg

and this one is amazing, it really captures everything they did with like 30 songs, they were picked really well

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I might check out one of those EB, thanks for the recommends.:D

Reaction score

I may have to pick up a new copy of Mania some time, mine is beat to hell....... I've never seen a cd case so beat up or so many scratches on a cd, there are like two songs that play all the way through :heheh: I took that cd everywhere with me in its better days, hiding the ipod and listening to it during class was easy, I needed the challenge of a cd player during class:tongue:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^I have a CD repair kit that can restore amazingly beaten up CD's to their original glory...but one of my fave classical CD's has such a major gash that it sounds as bad as a vinyl record that's been damaged.

I ended up replacing it with a "SACD" version so I was happy.

I'll get the 2nd one and play it a couple of times before I share my thoughts.;)

Reaction score

^^I have a CD repair kit that can restore amazingly beaten up CD's to their original glory...but one of my fave classical CD's has such a major gash that it sounds as bad as a vinyl record that's been damaged.

I ended up replacing it with a "SACD" version so I was happy.

I'll get the 2nd one and play it a couple of times before I share my thoughts.;)

30 songs in roughly 30 minutes, can't be too horrible?:heheh:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Staff online

Members online