The most overplayed songs on FM radio!

architect

Supine In The Sunshine
Reaction score
Classic rock radio in Northeast PA has a hard on for these songs! No idea why, but these are the ones I hear most

Jet Airliner- Steve Miller
Takin' Care of Business- BTO
Black Dog- Led Zeppelin
Gimme Three Steps- Lynerd Skynerd
The Spirit of Radio- Rush
Honky Tonk Women- Rolling Stones
Hey You- Pink FLoyd
Brown Eyed Girl- Van Morrison
The Boys Are Back in Town- Thin Lizzy

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I remember reading about CBS suing Boston during the time period between Third Stage and Walk On because they were taking too long to deliver an album.

I'll also share with you a recent Boston story that quietly made it into the news and didn't make a whole lot of waves, but it really happened.

This concerns the Corporate America album. Boston released that album on a small record label called Artemis in 2002. A few months went by. It sold poorly and received bad reviews. This pissed off Tom Scholz who blamed Artemis Records for the poor sales, because Scholz felt they hadn't done enough to promote the new album. Then Tom also came to the conclusion that it was somehow a poor production job on Corporate America that might have caused the poor reception to the album.

So at one point, I believe during 2003, Tom Scholz was prepared to rerecord the entire Corporate America album from start to finish (after it had already been released several months before) to "improve" the sound and then release this new version of the album through a record label that he believed might be able to "properly promote it", which according to him the current label had supposedly failed to do.

If that isn't crazy, I don't know what is. The typical band would just chalk it up as a failed album and move on.

As it turns out, Scholz never went ahead with his plans to record that album all over again and rerelease it. But he was 100% committed to it at the time before something or someone changed his mind.

I firmly believe Boston's whole legacy would have been far better if someone other than Tom Scholz was producing their albums. As smart as he is it is very helpful to have a different perspective about the records you are recording, in this case we might have got two or three more albums of the quality of the debut.

Fever

Reaction score
I firmly believe Boston's whole legacy would have been far better if someone other than Tom Scholz was producing their albums. As smart as he is it is very helpful to have a different perspective about the records you are recording, in this case we might have got two or three more albums of the quality of the debut.

Tom Scholz didn't really need to add Kimberley Dahme as a vocalist.Yeah she is hot :grinthumb but her style doesn't fit Boston.One of the songs she sings is almost country.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I didn't realize that Fever, I gave up on them after Third Stage.

Boston with a female vocalist would sure sound funny to me...I think I'll just stick with the first three and forget about the rest.:D

Drifter

Reaction score
Classic rock radio in Northeast PA has a hard on for these songs! No idea why, but these are the ones I hear most

Jet Airliner- Steve Miller
Takin' Care of Business- BTO
Black Dog- Led Zeppelin
Gimme Three Steps- Lynerd Skynerd
The Spirit of Radio- Rush
Honky Tonk Women- Rolling Stones
Hey You- Pink FLoyd
Brown Eyed Girl- Van Morrison
The Boys Are Back in Town- Thin Lizzy

As a resident of NE PA. I can easily verify that.

Tom Cochrane's Life Is a Highway and Lunatic Fringe are also extremely popular around these parts for reasons unknown to me.

architect

Supine In The Sunshine
Reaction score
As a resident of NE PA. I can easily verify that.

Tom Cochrane's Life Is a Highway and Lunatic Fringe are also extremely popular around these parts for reasons unknown to me.

You know it! :)
Another one I used to hear a lot is Radar Love by Golden Earring. Not so much anymore, which is a good thing! That song sucks AND blows! :D

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
Ah hell, might as well give my own genuine list. In the sticks of Maine, I gotta sit through the following overplayed songs if I dare listen to an FM rock station.

-AC/DC: Mistress for Christmas (during the holidays)
-Adam Sandler: Chanukah Song 1 or 2 (during the holidays)
-Van Halen: Jamie's Crying
-Aerosmith: Dream On
-Derek & The Dominos: Layla
-Lynyrd Skynyrd: Freebird
-Led Zeppelin: Stairway to Heaven
-Led Zeppelin: Dyer Maker
-The Who: Baba O' Riley
-AC/DC: Back in Black
-Pink Floyd: Comfortably Numb
-Bob Seger: Old Time Rock N' Roll
-Fleetwood Mac: Silver Springs
-Rolling Stones: Start Me Up
-John Mellencamp: Authority Song
-Tom Petty: Free Fallin'
-Foreigner: Jukebox Hero
-Foreigner: Feels Like The First Time
-Boston: More Than A Feeling
-Rush: Tom Sawyer

Drifter

Reaction score
Yeah, Radar Love is over-played around these parts. I used to like it, the first 100 times I heard it, that is.

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
Yeah, Radar Love is over-played around these parts. I used to like it, the first 100 times I heard it, that is.

I never hear Radar Love on the radio myself and the last time I did it was the White Lion version during some 80's hair band feature. But we have one station in particular who constantly plays Twilight Zone by Golden Earring.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nowiknowitsJAG

Members online