The Monkees: All Things Monkees (Official Thread)

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
I like the photo of MIckey and PAul McCartney,Dabolina.I believe this is from the Monkees visit to England in February of 1967 when MIck experienced the tremdous good fotune of being invited to one of the sessions for "Sgt. Pepper"as well as Paul's London flat,virtually around the corner from the Abbey Road studios..................

SloopJohnB

Reaction score
To close things out, one of my very favorite early Monkees tunes...

Mary Mary

And then later...

Daily Nightly

Timeless...

Mr. Bob Dobolina

Reaction score
I like the photo of MIckey and PAul McCartney,Dabolina.I believe this is from the Monkees visit to England in February of 1967 when MIck experienced the tremdous good fotune of being invited to one of the sessions for "Sgt. Pepper"as well as Paul's London flat,virtually around the corner from the Abbey Road studios..................

You are correct, sir. Take a look at the music video for "A Day In The Life". It was filmed the night The Beatles recorded the orchestration for the song. They turned it into a big party. Guests included Donovan, Mick Jagger, Marianne Faithful and Keith Richards. If you look close you'll see Mike Nesmith chatting with John Lennon.

Mr. Bob Dobolina

Reaction score
Congrats to The Monkees. Their tune "Me & Magdalena" made Rolling Stone's 50 Top Songs of 2016 list. O.K., so it's not a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame nomination, but at least someone at the magazine likes them.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Congrats to The Monkees. Their tune "Me & Magdalena" made Rolling Stone's 50 Top Songs of 2016 list. O.K., so it's not a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame nomination, but at least someone at the magazine likes them.

That's awesome! Maybe it will get some young readers to listen to The Monkees 2016 album, Good Times, then get into their discography

I really like how they used Harry Nilsson's voice and his piano work from the 1960's in the song "Good Times"

The digital download of the album, which is what I have, has a bonus track that I like quite a bit....even more than Me & Magdalena....:grinthumb

Terrifying

You even get to hear Davey Jones on the album in Love to Love...which was originally recorded in 1967.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoustonBoy

Staff online

Members online