The Link Wray Way.

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Y'know as a sixties kid, we were in better shape and we seemed more independant and inventive...music like Link's was a backdrop to a way of life that won't return.
Link Wray - Ace Of Spades.

Reactions: E-Z

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
The Who were recording in the next studio to Link Wray and looked in on each other..as per -Keith Moon stripped off bollock naked in Studio One..much to Link's amusement..this song was The Who's tribute to Mr.Wray and that crazy time.
The Who - Relay or Waspman.

E-Z

Reaction score
As previously posted rock dudes about 18 months ago I bought a cheap £3 Link Wray cd/dvd of a rowdy gig filmed and recorded at Highbury corner in north London back in 1996 and it-
BLEW ME F**KING HEAD OFF!!!!!.

"Link stalking the stage with his customised electric guitar and giving the rowdy crowd plenty of screaming feedback and whammy bar use on his well known songs, it's Rock & Roll dudes!!."

Subsequently if I come across any of Link's stuff I buy it regardless.

***As is stated on the dvd Link's 'Rumble' the most important 'D' chord in Rock & Roll history.***

Last edited:

E-Z

Reaction score
I have Link's album 3-Track Shack from the early 1970s which are three separate albums on a double cd. I bet you like the album Nai.

It isn't a rock & roll album but a country blues & swamp blues acoustic and electric guitar tracks.

Last edited:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online