The Link Wray Way.

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Link Wray, half native indian and proud of his roots. Link lost a lung after fighting in Korea and was advised to cease singing and play instrumentals. Sure nuff' Link and his Brothers did this for a spell.
His Danelectro guitar drove Hernando's Hideaway man - Archie Bleyer nuts. Archie head man at Caedence feared movie seats being slashed and kids going wild at hearing Rumble.

Link Wray - Rumble.
He did eventually find his voice-
This version of Dylan's classic in 1979.
Link Wray - It's All Over Now Baby Blue.

Last edited by a moderator:

E-Z

Reaction score
I bought a Link Wray cd/dvd earlier this year (2019) for only £4 and can honestly say its one of my best buys I have made in recent years. The dvd & cd features Link and his band that comprises of a bass player with a mop top hair cut and a 'lively' long haired drummer performing live at a small venue at Highbury corner in North London back in 1996 and if you can find it its worth watching. Intercut with the on stage performance is a interview with Link at the time of the gig was filmed and recorded. Link plays to a rowdy young looking crowd and plays what looks like a customised guitar amongst a lot of howling feedback when he's stalking around the stage playing his well known numbers like Rumble, Rawhide & Jack the Ripper and when you go to a live gig that's what you want.

Last edited:

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Nice one E-Z!
Sadly i never got to see the Link on stage..first heard him on BBC Radio Nottingham eons ago- and was hooked.
This video is shot in OGWT studio in 1975..i recall whispering Bob Harris introducing a set from the Stuck In Gear album. An underated masterpiece recorded at The Manor Studios.
Link Wray - Midnight Lover.
Beady eyed viewers might recognise the stick man..the late Charlie Charles of Ian Dury & The Blockheads.

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Richard Gottehrer worked with Link Wray on several projects..he brought out the best in Blondie and the likes of the Voidoids with Richard Hell. Got this on Private Stock label..nice version of Bruce's dit.
Link Wray & Robert Gordon - Fire.

E-Z

Reaction score
Hey dudes!. Link Wray was possibly the greatest rock & roll musician of all time.

Link saunters on stage and plugs in to a 100x watt Marshall stack blowing screaming feedback with plenty of whammy bar shaking before blowing the roof off the venue with his opening number a super heavy version of Rumble!!.

That's rock n roll man!!.

Last edited:

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
I eventually tracked this album down..on one of many trips to London- worked at a Nightclub then and stayed in the club til' i got the 7:00 am train to the smoke.
The large HMV store on Oxford Street..what a candy store...
Link Wray - Fire And Brimstone.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online