(The Lady's) Pink Floyd Homage

rbowman

Young, Classic Rock Lover
Reaction score
Re: Pink Floyd (August 2010 Band of the Month)

by far my favorite band of all time, their sound is so unique and original, yet it never ceases to surprise me how much I love their songs listening to them time after time. In my opinion they should be band of the Month every month of the year. My favorite song is Us & Them, and Dark side is by far theirt best album. Although I do think that The Final cut is surprisingly good, and very underrated. Also The albums without Roger Waters are also surprisingly good.

I look forward to seeing Roger Water's The Wall Live In Philadelphia

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^You have the same favorite song and album as me Rbowman.:D And I think PF did some good albums after the split with Roger. If you are lucky you might see David Gilmour join Roger on stage and perform at the concert you are seeing, they have worked out a lot of the problems from the past and are on good terms with each other again.:grinthumb

rbowman

Young, Classic Rock Lover
Reaction score

^^You have the same favorite song and album as me Rbowman.:D And I think PF did some good albums after the split with Roger. If you are lucky you might see David Gilmour join Roger on stage and perform at the concert you are seeing, they have worked out a lot of the problems from the past and are on good terms with each other again.:grinthumb

Thanks, I honestly can't find much fault with any Pink Floyd song of Album. Yeah it would be great if Gilmour was preforming at the show I go to but frankly I think that the odds are with me because he said that he is preforming one song "Comfortably Numb" which is the story of what happened to Gilmour in Philadelphia decades ago.

architect

Supine In The Sunshine
Reaction score

Thanks, I honestly can't find much fault with any Pink Floyd song of Album. Yeah it would be great if Gilmour was preforming at the show I go to but frankly I think that the odds are with me because he said that he is preforming one song "Comfortably Numb" which is the story of what happened to Gilmour in Philadelphia decades ago.

Actually it was Roger.

From Wikipedia:

According to Rolling Stone, the lyrics came from Roger Waters' experience when he was injected with tranquillisers for stomach cramps by a doctor prior to playing a Pink Floyd show in Philadelphia on the band's 1977 In The Flesh' tour.[2][3] "That was the longest two hours of my life", Waters said. "Trying to do a show when you can hardly lift your arm". The experience gave him the idea which eventually became the lyrics to this song.

Last edited:

architect

Supine In The Sunshine
Reaction score

Here's Dave's demo of Comfortably Numb. He's not actually singing anything but you can definitley hear how Roger's lyrics would eventually go:)

PinkFreud

Rock Junkie
Reaction score

Oh damn! I'm way too late to this thread!
Pink Floyd is both my 2nd favorite band of all time, and the inspiration for my username here :p Though, to be honest, I'm only a fan of the post-Syd Barrett era of the band, where they got more progressive and philosophical in their music. DSOTM is my favorite album they produced, with Brain Damage/Eclipse being my (probably) favorite song they played.

My dad listens to Floyd more than any other band, and they are easily the one band that I was raised on more than any other. As a result, I could probably recognize all of their songs, whether I know the title or not lol...could explain why I like them so much....

Džedaj

Groovy as hell.
Reaction score

I'm so happy Pink Floyd finally won BOTM :)

To be honest, I was quite sceptic how would not-a-hard-die PF fan wrote this, but I must say I'm amazed. Good job, lady :) I finally got some free time to read whole thread from top to bottom and I'm pleased :D

Here's some PF rarities...
Rare jam in Amsterdam, 1969 - this is early version of Careful With That Axe, Eugene

"Corrosion (in the Pink Room)" - rare jam that later blends into "Embryo"

Masherbrum

Riding the Steel Breeze
Reaction score

I'm bumping this, I'll throw in some bits now that Foxhound has been eliminated from the equation.

1st bit of useless info: Until 1970 Richard Wright tuned Waters' bass.

architect

Supine In The Sunshine
Reaction score

It's nice to see this thread revived.:)

Yes, actually Roger was admittedly tone deaf, and Rick Wright was considered by many to be the best musician in the group. I believe David Gilmour did it at times as well.

(No-so)Useless fact #2

David Gilmour performed all of the instruments on his song, The Narrow Way, on the album Ummagumma, including drums, bass, mellotron, guitar, piano, and organ.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I have always rated David the best musician in PF, but I had no idea Rick Wright tuned Roger's bass guitar or that Roger was tone deaf...that surprises me.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Members online