(The Lady's) Pink Floyd Homage

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Re: Pink Floyd (August 2010 Band of the Month)

Yeah this is GREAT!! A fitting tribute and Conrats PF for August BOTM!!!

:cheers2

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score

I see Ladyislingering has sent Pink Floyd bolting out of the gate with this glorious month of August only hours old!

Good job!

:grinthumb

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Muchos Kudos to LiL....So much history behind PF. A lot of reading here and a ton of work on Lady's part.

:clap:

Nicely done!

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score

I'm wondering though what Ladyislingering has left for herself to do over the remaing 30 1/2 days of the month....

:huh:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^I will be adding some stuff in here, and a few other fans I am sure will be helping her keep things moving.

She can rest for a day or two after that mammoth OP though...:grinthumb

ladyislingering

retired
Reaction score

I can see our resident Sparks fan has been busy.:D

Very nice Lady, I will be back later to read it from top to bottom, when I have more time.

:cheers2

Thank you!

I wrote the entire thing over the course of maybe 13 hours total. It was a long, difficult, but interesting process.

I see Ladyislingering has sent Pink Floyd bolting out of the gate with this glorious month of August only hours old!

Good job!

:grinthumb

Thanks! I'm just sneaky like that. I had the project up my sleeve the moment I was approved to begin. ;D

Muchos Kudos to LiL....So much history behind PF. A lot of reading here and a ton of work on Lady's part.

:clap:

Nicely done!

Oh, yes. The best part is: I knew next to nothing about the band before I started this project. I have a bunch of their records but I didn't know anything about the band itself, aside from Syd's illness/death. So I was able to really learn a lot, and listen to a bunch of their music while putting the thread together with graphics.

I'm wondering though what Ladyislingering has left for herself to do over the remaing 30 1/2 days of the month....

:huh:

I might do some special features on the members of the band (the ones provided in this thread were very bare-bones just to get the point across) throughout the month. Maybe a lot of YouTube surfing, picture hunting, etc. I'm sure a bunch of you will have a lot more to add, so I think we're looking forward to a very successful BOM thread for this month. :grinthumb

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Pictures of Paradiso Amsterdam Holland, May 23, 1968

Images taken by Hilco Arendshorts.

pinkfloyd1968.pngpinkfloydin1968.png

pinkfloyd1968-2.png

According to Pinkfloydz.com the setlist for this concert is believed to be: Let There Be More Light/Interstellar Overdrive/Set the Controls For the Heart of the Sun/A Saucerful of Secrets/Keep Smiling People

Shaz

Reaction score

I enjoyed reading this very much LIL. You have done a fantastic job. A little tidbit about Gerald Scarfe who you mention did sketches for the cover on ABITW, he is married to Jane Asher who was Paul McCartney's girlfriend in the 60s. Also it was sad to see how a beautiful looking man like Syd lost all his looks due to his illness I suppose.

ladyislingering

retired
Reaction score

Also it was sad to see how a beautiful looking man like Syd lost all his looks due to his illness I suppose.

Agreed.

That said, let's have some Syd.

Syd_Barrett_1959-744127.jpg

As a young lad (he's in the centre).

syd3.jpg

0917_110038_SydBarrettMickRock.jpg

0.jpg

He was a truly beautiful young thing, back in the day before he became ill.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Members online