"The Dark Horse of Soul" Bill Withers

limpy

Penguin Power
Reaction score
"Ain't No Sunshine" and "Lean On Me" I've heard these songs before but didn't know who the artist was! I think I may of heard a different version on them, but still fantastic songs! His voice is just pure and made for R&B. Thankyou for introducing some R&B to Limp's, Sootsman!!!! :grinthumb

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
"Ain't No Sunshine" and "Lean On Me" I've heard these songs before but didn't know who the artist was! I think I may of heard a different version on them, but still fantastic songs! His voice is just pure and made for R&B. Thankyou for introducing some R&B to Limp's, Sootsman!!!! :grinthumb

Yes, this one artists has written all these classics and not enough people even know his name. He also actually wrote them so as a songwriter he's great! :grinthumb His voice is so deep and not one you'd think of to be writing such, pure sentimental songs but it makes him stand out. I think everyone should get more Soul in their diet Limpy! Glad you liked him and maybe it'll open doors to some other classic Soul artist in your future! :cheers2

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Re: Bill Withers

Shadow, how'd I miss this the first time dude? That song was amazing and really gave me goosebumps. It was so simple with Bill's vocal really stand out. Bill sang great and really took his time accentuating the pure emotion of what he was singing. One of those moments I wish I could've been there sitting and watching this legend perform.

Kay

Banned
Reaction score
I love him! I think he's one of those artists you will appreciate more & more the older you get. I love all his albums but my favorites are "Menagerie", "Naked & Warm" and "Still Bill":).

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online