"The Dark Horse of Soul" Bill Withers

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Oh OK!!! :bonk:

It's been a cluster at work....but nice thread anyway!! Good stuff!!

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Been trying to watch this doc:

889_stillbill_11x17.jpg

On Netflix instant but it won't play! :mad There's a glitch on that one title! :wtf: Anyone seen it? :)

Last edited by a moderator:

joe

Reaction score
:clap: It was great to hear some of them old tracks Soot.

joe

Reaction score
I haven't heard some of those tracks in a long time soot. "Ain't No Sunshine" actually brought on some goose bumps. I don't know much soul except for some blue-eyed and psych and of course some of the legends, Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder, Otis Redding, etc.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I haven't heard some of those tracks in a long time soot. "Ain't No Sunshine" actually brought on some goose bumps. I don't know much soul except for some blue-eyed and psych and of course some of the legends, Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder, Otis Redding, etc.

Three artist I absolutely adore! :grinthumb

I watched some of that documentary today! What a great guy! Even his speaking voice commands respect and he definitely made soul his way under his own convictions! :grinthumb

Cinder

Reaction score
I love Bill Withers 'Lovely Day' brings back so many happy memories and its a really good upbeat song.

Thanks to Soot and Stars for the Bill Withers as he is today pic :D

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I just finished the Bill Withers film and I thought it was great that Bill could walk away from music rather than writing beyond what his muse had to offer. He didn't release an album since 1985 and wasfine just being a community member and family man. It's awesome seeing him get itchy fingers again and start dabbling in music like he never left it in the film. I have so much respect for the guy! :cheers2

What i was very impressed with was his daughter who has an amazing soul and voice. You hear a snippet of it in here! i hope she releases her own music at some point!

Bill and Kori Withers-A Telephone Call Away

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online

No members online now.