The Civil Wars (Official Thread)

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Boy how their two voices gel together so perfectly! These guys are great, and I have to now change my long held opinion that country music just doesn't do it for me in any way, shape or form! (Come to think of it do you know what, Sooty, I remember clicking onto this thread just after you'd created it, and spotting the words "Country artist" in your opening sentence - then I very narrow-mindedly swiftly left without giving them a chance :bonk:)

Of the ones I've heard so far favourites are Barton Hollow, Falling, 20 Years, Girl With the Red Balloon and, of course, their cover of Disarm which is a peach :grinthumb

Taboo

Toward the Within
Reaction score
Finally found it! I discovered The Civil Wars thanks to the VH1 Top morning Countdown last summer. I think Barton Hollow reached their #1 spot and everytime the video popped up It would capture my attention and I'd have to stop everything I was doing just to watch all of it. The I just decided to download their album and it's the best thing I did that summer :grinthumb..

My favorite songs: Falling, Girl With the Red Balloon, Birds of a Feather and Barton Hollow.

Oh and TCW are in the Hunger Games soundtrack and here's a preview to their new song.. awesome stuff!!

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^^

I've really liked that song even though I'm not a Taylor Swift fan. I'm glad as I thought the Civil Wars part might get buried in the mix but it wasn't. This is the best thing Taylor Swifts ever been a part of IMO. :grinthumb

Taboo

Toward the Within
Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^^

I've really liked that song even though I'm not a Taylor Swift fan. I'm glad as I thought the Civil Wars part might get buried in the mix but it wasn't. This is the best thing Taylor Swifts ever been a part of IMO. :grinthumb
Oh the preview I posted is not the one with Taylor actually jeje. Safe & Sound is the one that features her. I'm not a fan of hers either but I really do appreciate her for making TCW more known :grinthumb

Taylor Swift and The Civil Wars-Safe and Sound

This music video is so beautifully done, I really like it. This song should've been a TCW's only song .

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I heard this earlier today and oh my good golly gosh. I love how this so much more somber than the lulliby that I'm familiar with. Absolutely fantastic. :grinthumb

You Are My Sunshine

Road Dog

Reaction score
I discovered the Barton Hollow video this week on Palladia, and it made me get the album! Yes, this duo is great! Most refreshing thing I've heard from country in some time.

Taboo

Toward the Within
Reaction score
They're taping their MTV Unplugged show next week.. I can't wait to hear/see it:woot:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
They're taping their MTV Unplugged show next week.. I can't wait to hear/see it:woot:

That's awesome but I always get confused when groups like this "go unplugged". :heheh: I remember when Unplugged was purposely a contrast to how a group played their material. :tongue: Anyway, great to see them get some t.v. time. Sometimes it's frustrating knowing a group before the group takes off. While they are still trying to build their momentum and get their debut out to an even larger audience I want a new album from them. :wa

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score
The song off of The Chieftain's 50th Anniversary collabarative album, Voice Of Ages..

Lily Love

Taboo

Toward the Within
Reaction score
The song off of The Chieftain's 50th Anniversary collabarative album, Voice Of Ages..

Lily Love

What an amazing cover!.. The Civil Wars are definitely one of those artists that sound better out of the studio than in. They need to put out a new album soon :grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shannan518

Members online