"The Box" by Ian Gordon.- Double-concept album

laztozia

Reaction score
Now this is my territory!

Hello ladies and gentlemen,

I’d like to introduce you to “The Box”, a prog-rock double-concept album by Ian Gordon.

For those eager to jump in at the deep end, you can listen to the album in its entirety here –

The Box | Ian Gordon

The album is also available on all good online stores including iTunes, Amazon and CD Baby. It is also available on Spotify.

Thanks for listening!

SYNOPSIS

Jason is troubled. Plagued by guilt owing to the death of his father, he's become a loner; wiling away his evenings in front of a television in a cramped bedsit.

His life is about to change forever.

Inexplicably transported to an eerie world of towering cities and sprawling plains, Jason struggles as he is forced to face his demons. Reminders of his childhood are frequent, and a mysterious figure in black observes his every step.

Encouraged to seek out the memories of his past, can Jason piece together the puzzle?

Only the enigmatic Box can provide him with the answers he so desperately seeks...

BIOGRAPHY

I grew up in a small town in Northern England. There I discovered the very things that would inspire me to compose "The Box", from the eerie woods and stories of ‘lost souls’, to the house I grew up in and the clutter that gave it character.

My first musical influences were those who weren't afraid to tell stories; Genesis, Rush and Iron Maiden amongst others. The progressive influence introduced me to the idea of experimentation, and much of the material that makes up "The Box" is a result of that experimentation.

Conceptually, the idea of one becoming ‘lost’ in some distant land was the catalyst for the story; in which a process of rediscovery would have to be undertaken in order for one to remember who they truly were. Being a fan of the surreal and the macabre, this concept evolved into something much more elaborate.

Conceived in the winter of 1999, a full 10 years passed before “The Box” was finally recorded. It has been a labour of love, and I'm proud to share it with the world at last…

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online