The Black Keys (Official Thread)

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Coolio. "I Got Mine" was the first song I heard off that album and the first time I ever heard The Black Keys on the radio. The opening riff actually got me confused because I though "Wait, I don't know this White Stripes song." but once the vocals came in I could easily tell it was Jack White. :heheh:

Let us know what you think once you listen to it, Tray. :)

Death on Credit

Reaction score
I really like the band...I agree with what many music bloggers are saying, that they're saving rock 'n roll. I just wish that THEY would stop saying it.

I agree with Cosmic, Attack and Release is their best. The last track, "Things Ain't Like They Used to Be" is my favorite.

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Attack and Release arrived yesterday and I've given it three listens up to yet, yeah I like it :grinthumb Standout tracks for me are I Got Mine and Strange Times, the only one I don't like is Remember When (Side A). I see the White Stripes comparisson and a couple of tracks remind me of The Cult a little, two bands I'm a fan of so :tup: Think I'm going to get El Camino next as I really do love Lonely Boy, and it's one of those songs that puts me in an upbeat mood and makes me want to bust some moves like the guy in the vid :heheh:

I Got Mine

Strange Times

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Must say I really like El Camino a lot, and have been giving it lots of spins! Also bought Brothers, which I don't like as much as aforementioned or Attack and Release, but maybe it'll grow on me :)

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score
Also bought Brothers

Still my favorite by them. The blues influence is all over the album. Not as "poppy" as the other albums, and not as "avant garde" as the earlier albums. The song "Brother" is a masterpiece.

In my humble opinion.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online