• Wynonna Judd.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trisha Yearwood

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
No doubt about it on Martina, bud. I love Dolly though too & there's no denying that she's one of the most influential Country musicians of all time, ya know?

She's a legend and a genuine nice person in real life which can't be said for a lot of superstars...but I just don't like the sound of her voice.

Reba McIntyre would be my second choice.

Ragged Glory

Banned
Reaction score
God Trisha, I've surely been "Thinkin' About You" & "The Time Has Come" that some people give Martina McBride credit for being as wonderful & inspirational to the Country music scene as she has been. On top of all of that, Wynonna Judd is clearly like "No One Else On Earth.":oyea:

Even while considering the true greatness of all of those artists, I'll take "The Hard Way" & start "Walking Through Fire" with my "Hometown Girl" Mary Chapin Carpenter "Just Because" she's "A Lot Like Me" & it's "Not Too Much To Ask."

I'll be "Outside Looking In" while I tell her to "Read My Lips" & she'll instantly talk to me directly & just flat out say "Shut Up And Kiss Me."

I'll give her a few "Passionate Kisses" telling her about how I'll be "Tender When I Want To Be" with my "Family Hands."

After all, I'm not one to be "Too Tired" to do the "Waltz" with Mary before accompanying her in a "Slow Country Dance" that will be "Down At The Twist And Shout" because it ain't "Quittin' Time" for me just yet.

It's now for sure that we're "Going Out Tonight" to check out "Other Streets And Other Towns" that she recommends.

We just so happen to cross paths with her last Boyfriend & I tell him that he must have "The Bug" because it's still apparent that "He Thinks He'll Keep Her", yet now it's quite obvious that it's "Only A Dream" because she's with me.

It's sure that you "Can't Take Love For Granted", so we'll have a little fun together, throw a few "Stones In The Road" & take the "Downtown Train" to a place somewhere "Down In Mary's Land."

In the end, "A Road Is Just A Road" so "Come On Come On", let's take the "Middle Ground."

As for this post, Mary Chapin Carpenter, "You Win Again.":D That's truly "The Last Word" as far as how things should be said here.:****: Gotta love it!:grinthumb

Last edited:

Ragged Glory

Banned
Reaction score
She's a legend and a genuine nice person in real life which can't be said for a lot of superstars...but I just don't like the sound of her voice.

Reba McIntyre would be my second choice.
To each his own. I hope you & others will also dig my songtitle writing on some of my favorite Country/Folk choices from above, with Mary Chapin Carpenter in particular. It took some time & tweaking, yet was also a lot of fun. A unique success as far as I'm concerned.:)

Khor1255

Reaction score
Dolly is the only one of them I like. She has actually got better in recent years than ever before.

Ragged Glory

Banned
Reaction score
^ Do you mean her voice or her albums? I'd highly doubt that any of her newer albums would be anywhere near as good as the "classics."

Khor1255

Reaction score
Well, I like bluegrass much more than country so it's a matter of personal preference.

Ragged Glory

Banned
Reaction score
^ I understand, yet I can still have something to describe & argue for in a Rap thread even though I like Metal, Jazz, Blues, Country, Chanson, Hard Rock, Folk, etc... a whole lot more, ya know?

Khor1255

Reaction score
I don't get it. I actually like Dolly. I don't like anyone else on your list. What else is there to argue?

Oh, I was wrong. I also kind of like Leanne Rimes. But still Dolly gets my vote.

I like the country from the 30s through mid 70s far far more than anything that calls itself country today (which is actually rockabilly or straight up rock and roll with 'down home' themes). I never really liked the kind of rock that today's 'country' artists emulate very much either.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notmrdurden

Staff online

Members online