The best producers in rock history

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Quite a few come to mind, but I'll throw Alan Parsons out there. He had one of the best indoctrinations to rock music being involved with The Beatles (Abbey Road I think it was) and Pink Floyd. (Dark Side Of The Moon).

I love how he incorporates classical and different instruments into his concept albums with Eric Woolfson, known as the Alan Parsons Project collectively.

When Al Stewart signed with Janus Records a small outfit trying to establish themselves as a player, they hired Alan Parsons to produce his first album with them, "The Year Of The Cat", for $100,000 which blew their budget almost completely. But what a fantastic album that was and still is.

He will always be in my top 10 producers/engineers of all time.:clap:

recgord27

Walking down a dusty road
Reaction score
Honourable mentions thus far. :D
How about Jimmy Page for his excellent work with Led Zeppelin and John Paul Jones for the various projects that he has produced or worked on (incl. Heart, the Butthole Surfers, etc.)
See full list of credits at John Paul Jones | Credits | AllMusic

Zombeels

Reaction score
Micky Most

-he produced the Animals, Herman's Hermits, Donovan, the Seekers, Nancy Sinatra, Lulu, Terry Reid, Jeff Beck Group & the Yardbirds to name a few

Mr. Bob Dobolina

Reaction score
Let me add Roy Thomas Baker to the list. He's worked with everyone from Dusty Springfield to Ozzy Osborne. He's probably best known for producing Queen's first five albums and the first four by The Cars.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Let me add Roy Thomas Baker to the list. He's worked with everyone from Dusty Springfield to Ozzy Osborne. He's probably best known for producing Queen's first five albums and the first four by The Cars.

Yep he was going to be the next one I posted Bob D. :hab:

Another of my all time favorites, Ted Templeman who worked with the Doobie Brothers and produced Van Halen's best albums as well.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online