the best nostalgic, sad or depressed rock albums?

Johnny-Too-Good

Reaction score
No nostalgia with this album - but it is certainly sad and depressing when you read some of the lyrics set against the background of what was actually going on during the making of it. I still love it though!
Fleetwood Mac - Rumours

5n84dl.jpg

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
I'll add that a lot of Radiohead is quite depressing. But I still love most of it!

Me too! .... love 'em to bits, but you're right, if I feel like I'm having too great of a day, and everything is going too well for comfort, I can just play the Kid A or Hail to the Thief albums and within about 15 minutes I'm back feeling crappy again :uh:

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
TheSound, I love your new signature! Our tastes are very similar. :grinthumb

Thanks Musikwala, though I can't claim the credit as one of my sons made it for me, he's a bit of a wizard with photoshop and stuff. I'm a bit OCD about changing my sigs and avy all the time, but maybe I'll try to leave this one up for a good spell since he went to a lot of trouble to do it for me, anyway, see you later!!

Aero

Reaction score
Any of The Cure's earlier works would be a good nomination but I'll go with Faith as my favorite.

Faith%2B%25281981%2529.jpg

recgord27

Walking down a dusty road
Reaction score
Pink Floyd's The Wall.
Used to listen to it a lot when it first came out, but I now find it very depressing, but not in a good way.
wall30th_big.jpg

Depressing album, but in a good, uplifting way, is Sarah McLachlin's Fumbling Towards Ecstacy
5255BFront%25255D-%25255Bwww.FreeCovers.net%25255D.jpg

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shandi

Staff online

Members online