The Beatles vs Led Zeppelin

The Beatles VS Led Zeppelin

• Total voters

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score
earlier studio albums: Led Zeppelin. Love those first 4 records. The Beatles' first four "Beatlemania" albums were amazing for their time but better albums were to follow.

Mid to later studio albums: Zep started going slowly downhill after "Physical Graffiti", even though PG is phenominal and the following albums were great. The Beatles, as far as I'm concerned, continued to climb the Ladder of greatness with each album and peaking with Abbey Road.

The Wanderer

Kids With Guns
Reaction score
Now that I think back, if I could re-vote I'd vote the Beatles. Not the trippy Beatles though, personally I don't really care for anything past the Yellow Submarine album, except the hits everyone knows and loves. Early Beatles though, I love it all.

therocker696

Reaction score
The Beatles (Please Please Me - Help) < Led Zeppelin (first four records)

The Beatles (Rubber Soul onwards) > Led Zeppelin (HOTH onwards)

I really can't decide this one..

WetWilly

Whiskey Rock-A-Roller
Reaction score
I'm going with Zeppelin, tough choice though I really love The Beatles, but Led Zeppelin was more my generation I suppose.

Jonny Come Lately

The New Kid In Town
Reaction score
I voted for Led Zeppelin.

I can understand why so many people regard The Beatles as the best rock band in history, but I personally don't 'get' them, whereas I do like Led Zeppelin's music - difficult to explain, that's just the way I feel.

DivergentBeatle

Diverse Music Fan
Reaction score
These bands are both great in there own ways. Why compare them? It's pretty much a personal opinion, if your a pop kind of guy you go Beatles, if you like rock you go Zeppelin (just a assumption). I personally can't decide because they both got there great things about them.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
These bands are both great in there own ways. Why compare them? It's pretty much a personal opinion

Its not a "comparison" as much as a "which do you prefer?", we have an entire subforum full of song vs song or band vs band matchups. It's all in fun, and isn't meant to be taken seriously.

There are times that the matchups can be more specific such as "most influential" or "who do you think is more talented" or something similar, but typically it's just straight forward "this vs that".

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online