The BEATLES (Official Thread)

BeatleMatt

Reaction score
Decades ago, I recorded my 1980's Capitol purple label Rubber Soul (among others) to digital disc and sometime later got copies of The Capitol Albums on disc. Both versions of this Capitol mix are in a variety of digital music libraries I have and it not easy to tell which is which. But today I just noticed an unknown sound in the early dozen or so seconds of "I'm Looking Through You" that is not easily heard in both versions.
For those of you who are not familiar with the Capitol version, "I'm Looking Through You" has a sort of false start included on these U.S. albums. But also in this Capitol mix, in the first few seconds of the song, you can also faintly hear a sound; a sound of perhaps fingers gliding down guitar strings. Or someone sniffing, maybe even a zipper. Obviously this is not heard on the Parlophone, Apple, U.K. disc version that is practically the standard now.
I'm not sure if I have noticed this before and I am not sure if I hear it on the actual Capitol vinyl pressings or the Capitol disc version.
I smell a mystery to uncover.

Romulus

Reaction score
Decades ago, I recorded my 1980's Capitol purple label Rubber Soul (among others) to digital disc and sometime later got copies of The Capitol Albums on disc. Both versions of this Capitol mix are in a variety of digital music libraries I have and it not easy to tell which is which. But today I just noticed an unknown sound in the early dozen or so seconds of "I'm Looking Through You" that is not easily heard in both versions.
For those of you who are not familiar with the Capitol version, "I'm Looking Through You" has a sort of false start included on these U.S. albums. But also in this Capitol mix, in the first few seconds of the song, you can also faintly hear a sound; a sound of perhaps fingers gliding down guitar strings. Or someone sniffing, maybe even a zipper. Obviously this is not heard on the Parlophone, Apple, U.K. disc version that is practically the standard now.
I'm not sure if I have noticed this before and I am not sure if I hear it on the actual Capitol vinyl pressings or the Capitol disc version.
I smell a mystery to uncover.
Wow, you are like a keen audiophile who detects the squeek of the chair the player is on because he switched from a beginners HiFi system to a top end transparent system (eg active ATC speakers) which reveals all including the humidity of a church in Southern climates...:):)

BeatleMatt

Reaction score
I was recently given 30 or more records and perhaps a little less than half of them are albums from Beatles or former Beatles. One of them is a green Apple label copy of Magical Mystery Tour with the booklet. The record itself looks clean so I’m now a little anxious to put in headphones sometime and give it a listen.
I have a rainbow Capitol label version, the UK EP from the box set, an early 80’s Capitol cassette version, which was my first Beatles cassette, an unauthorized Russian cd version, and now this 1971 Apple label version.
As soon as I get a few hours to myself, I’m going to record it to cd as an archival copy.

Also it occurred to me earlier that Early Beatles, and The Beatles Story are the only Capitol release albums I do not own on vinyl. I have Early Beatles on cassette but the cassettes produced at that time have problems all their own.

Last edited:

BeatleMatt

Reaction score
I just created my own Magical Mystery Tour Deluxe disc.
I recorded a 1971 pressing lp to disc and imported that to iTunes.
Then I added alternate takes, and demos from Anthology 2, Not Guilty and Artifacts bootlegs, and Capitol Rarities.

BeatleMatt

Reaction score
For whatever reason, earlier today I was thinking of the scene in the movie Help!, when Ringo seeks information about the ring at a local Indian restaurant only to find everyone working there is English.
I still find Help! hilarious to watch. And the music is great, also.

BeatleMatt

Reaction score
When I was a bit younger, I had a huge record rack from a store. Imagine the long, very heavy, sofa size racks typical of many record stores. The records were displayed with covers facing out so you could flip through them. In many of the dwellings I lived, for years I would have this rack on one wall across from my bed and my stereo on its bottom shelf in between two speakers. Countless times, I would purposely fall asleep with my headphones on, stretched the distance from the stereo to my bed. Very often, it would be a Beatles album.

BeatleMatt

Reaction score
The first two Beatles albums I bought. Some time in 1980, most likely. I had money from mowing lawns and I remember seeing these in a store nearby. Soon after, I rode my bike up there and bought both of them.
I had won a copy of Sgt. Pepper's from a radio contest some time before but these are the first two I bought. By 1988, I had most of their Capitol releases as well as the Parlophone LP, EP and singles box sets.

29BB4896-392B-4787-B0BD-2D83277D357A.jpeg

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online