The BEATLES (Official Thread)

BeatleMatt

Reaction score
I may have mentioned that my family and I recently spent some vacation time in Las Vegas, and we saw a performance of The Beatles Love.
Afterward my sixteen year old daughter uttered words that would make most any father proud. “We need to watch Yellow Submarine again some time.”
“Bet!”

BeatleMatt

Reaction score
I updated my collection this week by purchasing a dvd copy of the movie Yellow Submarine. I have the U.S. edited movie version on VHS bought in the late 80’s. It’s 87 minutes long and is obviously the version I would see most often on America tv, growing up.
Many of you may know the film was re-released in the late 90’s and I had to have another copy just for the “Hey Bulldog” scene, which was included with a few other small differences as the original release in the U.K.
And so now today, just out of pure convenience, I have a dvd copy of the original 90 minutes U.K. release and we watched it last night.
My daughter often likes to watch movies with subtitles on so I had to chuckle when the subtitles scrolled as The Beatles sang,
“It doesn't really matter what chords I play what words I say or time of day it is
As it's only a normal song”

Duh fuq?

BeatleMatt

Reaction score
I witnessed The Beatles tribute band called Rain last night and thought they were really fun.
They often did not sound like The Beatles but the music and performances were really entertaining.
Like many tribute bands they dress and mimic the band well and change costumes with time periods. There was a point in their show which took us to a moment with the band performing as though we were the audience at Shea Stadium in 1966, which was unique in a few ways compared to other tribute bands I have seen. At the end of the show, they also performed as though they were recording songs for Get Back/Let It Be on the roof top
Anyway, if any of you in America get the chance, put Rain on your list of Beatles tribute bands you might like to see sometime.

BeatleMatt

Reaction score
I just started watch the Reacher series on dvd. Anyway, in a scene in the second or third episode, we see the interior room of one of the characters and his Beatles collection. Along one of the shelves, the albums Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band, Yesterday… And Today, (trunk cover) and Reel Music are on display. Now, Reel Music is just rare enough but it is an interesting choice by the set designers nonetheless. I don’t believe it is a much sought after album these days.

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Most of my Beatles albums are original 60s or 70s reissues, and the EP's pic sleeves are all 70s.
I bought them because I loved the songs, and saw them at the right price. I don't own a original English version of Sgt. Peppers but a Greek one, which cost me £1.40p.
THE_BEATLES_SGT.+PEPPERS+LONELY+HEARTS+CLUB+BAND-568655b.jpg

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online