The BEATLES (Official Thread)

Garrett

✯ Blues Man ✯
Reaction score
Re: The Official BEATLES Thread!!

6ffd4b1f8631a7f314141ccdd4247faa

February 25, 1943 / November 29, 2001

On June 30 1973, George Harrison knocked Paul McCartney from the top of the US singles chart with 'Give Me Love, Give Me Peace On Earth'. His second US No.1, a No.8 hit in the UK.

Source: This Day In Music

Last edited by a moderator:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^That's a great picture of George Garrett...:tup:

Didn't know that tidbit about him knocking Paul off the top spot in the States with his single. But at least it was in the Beatles family so Paul shouldn't have been too upset.:heheh:

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score

Didn't know that tidbit about him knocking Paul off the top spot in the States with his single. But at least it was in the Beatles family so Paul shouldn't have been too upset.:heheh:

Even more interesting was the "fifth Beatle" Billy Preston knocked George off afterwards.

Funny old world...

Garrett

✯ Blues Man ✯
Reaction score

So, you don`t think George called Paul and said
I'm #1 na-na, na-na, boo-boo!
:oyea:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^:lmao:

You never know Garrett maybe he did do exactly that.:D

Considering the amount of crap he took from John and Paul as far as getting any of his songs on a Beatles album, I would say he would have savored that moment for sure. Nothing like public acknowledgement that you Do know how to craft a first class song.

Garrett

✯ Blues Man ✯
Reaction score

On July 6, 1957.....

John Lennon and Paul McCartney met for the first time at The Woolton Church Parish Fete where The Quarry Men were appearing. As The Quarry Men were setting up for their evening performance, McCartney eager to impress Lennon picked up a guitar and played ‘Twenty Flight Rock’ (Eddie Cochran) and ‘Be-Bop-A-Lula’ (Gene Vincent). Lennon was impressed, and even more so when McCartney showed Lennon and Eric Griffiths how to tune their guitars, something they'd been paying someone else to do for them.

The Quarry Men at Rosebery Street, Liverpool.
Pictured - left to right: Colin Hanton (drums), Eric Griffiths (guitar), John Lennon (vocal, guitar), Ivan Vaughan (tea-chest bass), Pete Shotton (washboard), Rod Davis (banjo).
(June 22, 1957)

Sorce: This Day In Music

The Quarry Men at George's brother Harry's wedding reception at 25 Upton Green in Speke, Liverpool. (December 20, 1958)

And the rest is Rock and Roll History!

Last edited by a moderator:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Great stuff!! I was on a gig one time where the Quarrymen were there and my guitar player at the time decided to change into his stage pants on the side of the stage.

Our bass player was like, "Dude you just mooned the Quarrymen"...looked around and there they were smilin' :heheh:

Anyway...I love the old history of Lennon's group and glad you posted these clips!! :cheers2

Garrett

✯ Blues Man ✯
Reaction score

Happy Birthday to Richard Starkey!

tumblr_m939w8pT4P1rcdkyxo2_500.jpg

July 7, 1940

"Never Without You", A tribute to George Harrison.

Source: This Day In Music

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Always liked Ringo, and he is a more talented drummer than many people give him credit for.:drums:

The Beatles were lucky both Ringo and George were laid back individuals and generous who always put the band ahead of their personal likes and dislikes. Which allowed Paul and John to do their thing.

Anyway, happy Birthday Richard Starkey.

I'll play his self titled album this morning to celebrate.:cheers:

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score

Quickie post , gotta bring my kid to the docs

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RICHIE :cheers2

I love you old man (K):grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics