The BEATLES (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: The Official BEATLES Thread!!

I bought Yellow Submarine on DVD a few years ago, loved that movie myself.

Never really delved into John's childhood, other than what people have shared in the forum. But I gather he had a rough go of things and no doubt it affected his parenting when he had children of his own. No expert but I believe Julian was very poorly treated by John, not sure if they ever patched things up before John's death...:think:

Garrett

✯ Blues Man ✯
Reaction score

I often wonder if Julian ever received any of John`s estate :confused:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Astrid will know, she is very knowledgeable about the Beatles.

JerseyGirl

Reaction score

I often wonder if Julian ever received any of John`s estate :confused:

I hope so. I was always hoping Julian would make in in the music business. The eerie similarity in looks and even voice to John is uncanny. Maybe that hurt him in the long run. Anyone know what he's up to now?

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I've got no idea what Julian is up to, I only have one of his songs on a compilation album from the 80's, Salt Water Tears...I think that's the name of the song. It sounded good to me but I don't remember anything about him after that.

He did express bitterness at how John treated him, like a cast off or unwanted son from what I've read.

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score

Astrid will know, she is very knowledgeable about the Beatles.

Thanks, Nice to know I STILL know something :tongue:

I'm on my way out to work so I can't answer things asked properly , quick response : Yes Julian DID get some of John's estate. In the 80's when his early solo career happened..Yoko gave him several chunks of money..however he pissed it all away on drugs at that time. He asked for more but she refused to give more for drugs..guess it's up to us who to believe,because he denies this is the reason..he recieved another chunk as a trust fund when he was 25 ...

he wound up in rehab with the help of Uncle Macca and his step father..cleaned up his life.

He is very bitter with Yoko still, but has a great relationship with his step brother ,Sean Lennon.

last I knew he was working on releasing an album this fall..he was working with Sean on things too :)

Garrett

✯ Blues Man ✯
Reaction score

The Beatles

The Beatles performing live at the Washington Coliseum 11/2/64.

Last edited by a moderator:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

5018712127_1077641e24.jpg

JL-Mr-Kite3.jpg

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score

Thanks, Nice to know I STILL know something :tongue:

I'm on my way out to work so I can't answer things asked properly , quick response : Yes Julian DID get some of John's estate. In the 80's when his early solo career happened..Yoko gave him several chunks of money..however he pissed it all away on drugs at that time. He asked for more but she refused to give more for drugs..guess it's up to us who to believe,because he denies this is the reason..he recieved another chunk as a trust fund when he was 25 ...

he wound up in rehab with the help of Uncle Macca and his step father..cleaned up his life.

He is very bitter with Yoko still, but has a great relationship with his step brother ,Sean Lennon.

last I knew he was working on releasing an album this fall..he was working with Sean on things too :)

He's definitely still recording and active in the music industry - I get his updates on my Facebook feed.

And MP, Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite is one of my favourite Beatles tracks :heheh:

Garrett

✯ Blues Man ✯
Reaction score

On August 8, 1969

220px-Beatles_-_Abbey_Road.jpg

The photo session for the cover of The Beatles 'Abbey Road' album took place on the crossing outside Abbey Road studios. Photographer Iain McMillan, balanced on a step ladder in the middle of the road took six shots of John, Ringo, Paul, and George walking across the zebra crossing while a policeman held up the traffic. The band then returned to the studio and recorded overdubs on ‘The End’, ‘I Want You (She's So Heavy)’ and ‘Oh! Darling’.

Visit Abbey Road

Beatles History

Source: This Day In Music

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online