The BEATLES (Official Thread)

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score
Re: The Official BEATLES Thread!!

:oyea::heheh: Sox ! George was brilliant /I miss his sense of humor..very underrated !

About to head out for fireworks/picnic/party..there's a very good British Invasion Band playing..

looking forward to The Fab set they do...

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score

:oyea::heheh: Sox! George was brilliant /I miss his sense of humor..very underrated !

About to head out for fireworks/picnic/party..there's a very good British Invasion Band playing..

looking forward to The Fab set they do...

...Harrison was the one to mix biting commentary in his lyrics whereas Lennon came off cynical. I can point to "Taxman" and "Piggies" as prime examples...

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Infact Astrid I feel the mood coming on. :cheers2

Been playing a lot of Beatles the last two days myself, most likely work my way through their whole discography before I've got my fill.:hab:

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score

...Harrison was the one to mix biting commentary in his lyrics whereas Lennon came off cynical. I can point to "Taxman" and "Piggies" as prime examples...

Totally Gcczep, very much his thing..I liked a quote by Bob Dylan I read once ' George Harrison did everything Lennon did..just quieter' Which I know was true..

His humor is right there..and his intelligence was amazing :grinthumb

Reaction score

I just recently got into The Beatles, which is a band i never thought i would like, since all i heard were their pop songs.

But when i heard their Psychedelic stuff on Revolver and Sgt Pepper's... it changed the way i saw them.

Favourite Tracks:

Tomorrow Never Knows
Within You Without You
Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score

Totally Gcczep, very much his thing..I liked a quote by Bob Dylan I read once ' George Harrison did everything Lennon did..just quieter' Which I know was true..

His humor is right there..and his intelligence was amazing :grinthumb
That was an interesting yet telling comment from Dylan. Lennon to me had that "edge" relative to personal relationships while McCartney was the more...uuummm...sappy one. A perfect contrast between their attitudes is "We Can Work It Out" judging from the verses they individually sing. I think Lennon expressed his views more in his solo work. It came with the maturity and freedom without the rest of the Fab Four.

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score

I just recently got into The Beatles, which is a band i never thought i would like, since all i heard were their pop songs.

But when i heard their Psychedelic stuff on Revolver and Sgt Pepper's... it changed the way i saw them.

Favourite Tracks:

Tomorrow Never Knows
Within You Without You
Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds

Those are all fine songs..yeah most of the songs played on radio or otherwise are overkilled..and the thing with The Fab, is theres just soo much more to listen too:grinthumb

They have so many styles and it's fun to explore them

Glad you didn't stop at just the basics..deeper you dig the better jewels you find :)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Lots of jewels throughout the 4 solo careers as well. :grinthumb

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score

That was an interesting yet telling comment from Dylan. Lennon to me had that "edge" relative to personal relationships while McCartney was the more...uuummm...sappy one. A perfect contrast between their attitudes is "We Can Work It Out" judging from the verses they individually sing. I think Lennon expressed his views more in his solo work. It came with the maturity and freedom without the rest of the Fab Four.

Yes ,They all had their strong points in the group . Even Poor Ringo . They all were important to the music and the legend imo.

John's love songs always seemed more sincere to me because it was an emotion not easily explored by him. He had to unravel more layers to get to those feelings than Paul did

But Paul wrote beautiful touching lyrics ..timeless classics and his visions and insights musically were amazing. He was a bit difficult but I believe someone needed to be in this group..he was the one with the most focus in the recordings I think

George was the musician. He just loved playing his guitar. He was searching for deep meaning in his life. He knew fame and fortune was NOT what it was all about

Ringo , he was the heart and soul of the fab ..he was loyal and fun and kept the friendship forever. He was the only one who kept the family values so to speak..and musically he never got the respect he was due.

He is a great drummer..he was never the flashy drum solo type/he was about supporting the music /groups with his playing..which is so underrated imo.

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score

Yes, they all had their strong points in the group . Even Poor Ringo . They all were important to the music and the legend imo.

John's love songs always seemed more sincere to me because it was an emotion not easily explored by him. He had to unravel more layers to get to those feelings than Paul did

But Paul wrote beautiful touching lyrics ..timeless classics and his visions and insights musically were amazing. He was a bit difficult but I believe someone needed to be in this group..he was the one with the most focus in the recordings I think.

George was the musician. He just loved playing his guitar. He was searching for deep meaning in his life. He knew fame and fortune was NOT what it was all about.

Ringo, he was the heart and soul of the fab ..he was loyal and fun and kept the friendship forever. He was the only one who kept the family values so to speak..and musically he never got the respect he was due.

He is a great drummer...he was never the flashy drum solo type/he was about supporting the music /groups with his playing..which is so underrated imo.
When I said McCartney was sappy, I meant it in a good way [grin]. I agree in all of your assessments of each. I do know that as the leader of Wings he penned "Silly Love Songs" in response when Lennon zinged him for writing of such things.

Starr was down to earth... I am sure you have watched "A Concert For George" but I have never seen McCartney so somber. I don't think he smiled the whole time even if everyone involved was celebrating Harrison's music. It was touching as how as he walked out Starr put a hand on his shoulder as if to console him.

This tidbit. I had a laugh over this quote from Harrison about McCartney:

"Sometimes Paul would make us do these really fruity songs. I mean, my god, Maxwell’s Silver Hammer was so fruity."

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online