The B-52's (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: The B-52's and their formative influences!

^^Who are you aiming "Dude" at AK?

I have none of Yoko's albums, and don't intend on adding any of them either.

I love the debut album, it will always be my favorite Rock Lobster is such a great fun song to party to.

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score

it happens to be a fact dude look it up.

Paper doesn't refuse ink. The media is therefore free to spread their base accusations as widely as they please. And you know how they lie. Other than FOX News of course.

Attachments

• A red fox 1.jpg
    A red fox 1.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 44

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score

Paper doesn't refuse ink. The media is therefore free to spread their base accusations as widely as they please. And you know how they lie. Other than FOX News of course.

You are aware then that the b52's covered Yoko Ono's "Don't Worry" it was to be on the Whammy! album but they didn't have the rights.

snakes&ladders

Reaction score

I thought the B-52s were influenced by that garbage called disco music, but after listening to Planet Claire, I had to re-rate them.....just who influenced them???!:):)

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score

The B-52's were influenced by the punk scene coming out of CBGB's in New York but they're music isn't really similar to any other band's. :dunno:

Attachments

• b52.jpg
    b52.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 25
  • cindywilson.jpg
    cindywilson.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

I really like the first two releases ,but I really do not care for the newer era material .
I haven't heard much of the new stuff other then their radio hits but it's not the early stuff by any means .

Rockinbones

Reaction score
none

I think they'll do whatever they can to vindicate Yoko Ono. Face it- Lennon couldn't say anything because he had to placate the old lady. Yoko sucks, beyond what normally sucks. The B52s, though I'm not a big fan, were influenced mostly by the early sixties bands and I'll put a couple examples here if they let me and if I do right. If not I'll fix it. ... that's the best I can do. They wouldn't let me or I can figure it out on this site, one or the other. But these are two early sixties bands that sound a lot like the B52s, and they probably influenced them. You have to click on the links to hear them.

Brian Diamond & The Cutters - Shout, Shake & Go! - YouTube

JEANNIE & THE BIG GUYS- "I WANT YOU" (1964) - YouTube

Last edited:

zoose

Reaction score
I was hanging round their turf a few years before they took off. The talent there was astounding but nobody knew about it.
I'm pretty sure I hit on the big redhead during one of my drunken rampages in an Augusta nightclub in 1973.
Their big influence was Talking Heads. Look up the producer credits.

John Lennon said that Rock Lobster inspired him to get back into music.

They were music novices with little experience, but had such overwhelming personality that they could sing Ode to Toilet Paper and have people on their feet.

Man I wish I had scored that big redhead.
Goddam booze.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online