The Art of McCartney (Album Stream)

Jet

Midway Up The Ceiling
Reaction score
I will not be buying this album. I only liked Hey Jude and Helen Wheels. I'm really disappointed. Who arranged this? :(

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
I think these days,Sir Paul is mainly putting out releases from time to time just to keep in touch with his more ardent fans.I don't think it's very fair to make comparison from his works with most things by the Beatles or Wings bigger hits,but let's give the man a break here.Paul has had a major impact on world culture and hardly needs to impress anyone anymore.I do enjoy watching clips of him doing some of the old Beatle numbers in concert,but the only problem is that due to his now advaned age,it's obvious he struggles to reach some of the stronger vocals he's been well known for.Perfect case in point,"Hey Jude".Considering he's at the rather ripe age of 72(ripe especially for a rock musician who has been around the world so many times),he's actually doing quite well.I'm certainly glad he didn't choose to retire like Bill Wyman from the Stones in 1994.From time to time,you can even catch ol' Macca on "Saturday Night Live"...........................

Jet

Midway Up The Ceiling
Reaction score
Paul has said he cannot hit the high notes anymore. He joked once about when he was asked to sing Long Tall Sally, and he had to keep moving down the scale. I just don't get why some of the artists on the Tribute album sound so bad.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rascal_212

Members online