the 'almost made it" bands.

billyporter

Reaction score
how about a top 5 or 10 that have the bands that didn't quite make it for whatever reason.

thin lizzy at their peak of popularity were touring the states,[may of been the jailbreak album?] one of them get very sick and the tour in over. i think that made a big impact on their status in america.

similar story with ufo too.

everyone in the music biz including lots of famous musicians, threw heaps of praise on king's x.
everyone expected them to become one of the most popular bands in the world, but it never happened.
as a result, almost every single article or interview with the band over the years is prefaced with the story of how they should of been big. i'm sure the band get sick of reading about this too.

my top five would be:

thin lizzy
ufo
king's x
saxon
budgie

Jake T

Running With The Pack
Reaction score
I'm glad UFO and King's X didn't make it "big". If they did, radio stations would run them into the ground like they do to so many groups. I love Pink Floyd, but I get real tired of the local classic rock station playing their songs over and over and over again.

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
Uriah Heep
Nazareth
Edgar Broughton Band
Blue Cheer
Curved Air

It's hard to name only 5 bands.

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
Perhaps 'make it' needs defining. My list was based on bands that remained underground here. Uriah Heep, Thin Lizzy and Nazareth were big in the UK (for a sustained period).

runtfan

Reaction score
Utopia
The Tubes
Max Webster
The Pursuit Of Happiness
Saga

runtfan

Reaction score
everyone in the music biz including lots of famous musicians, threw heaps of praise on king's x.
everyone expected them to become one of the most popular bands in the world, but it never happened.
as a result, almost every single article or interview with the band over the years is prefaced with the story of how they should of been big. i'm sure the band get sick of reading about this too.

Totally agree...hard to see how they missed the brass ring.

billyporter

Reaction score
i suppose 'make it' would mean every album got into the american top 30, and were tour headliners.
bringing in the cash!

uriah heep were big down under as well.
heep had 3 lps in the american top 30.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nowiknowitsJAG

Members online

No members online now.