The Alan Parsons Project (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: The Alan Parsons Project

Oh, i am sorry to hear about the feud...i never knew they had one. Was this feud about Eric wanting to go "Musical" and Alan more towards " Ambient" maybe?
Anyway, thanx for the anwer and lets hope Alan will take the forgotten tapes and do something great with them.

Mick

I don't know all the details but could have been something like that. When Alan Parsons took the Project on tour I don't think Woolfson was involved at all. I have a couple of Eric's solo albums, but haven't really listened to them carefully enough to offer an opinion yet...:think:

Regardless, they made some amazing and unique music together, and I was really surprised and saddened when Eric passed away, however Alan visited him and they put the past grievances behind them so who knows if there is any good Project material moldering in the vaults, then he might do something with it eventually.

O

oguerreiro

Hello everybody !! I´ve been fan of The (Magnificent) Alan Parsons Project since the early eighties. And believe me, I could never get tired of listening to their works. I'm very pleased to find this forum!!

Oswaldo

Reaction score
I decided better to register with my real name. Makes me more confortable. So, I did the last comment above under the nick oguerreiro, now known as Oswaldo. Again, so glad to be here.!!:)

opera races

Reaction score
The first record I ever bought wasn’t one record but two records (we’re talking vinyl LP’s as this was sometime back in the mid-1970’s!). One was Queen’s A Night At The Opera (duh!) and the other was Alan Parsons Project Tales of Mystery and Imagination Edgar Allen Poe. My friend’s brother had just bought Tales and after listening to it I wanted my own copy! The initial issue was as a gatefold album with a rather elaborate booklet attached ... which I found rather impressive. I still have both records!

My favorite track was The Fall of the House of Usher! On the original vinyl LP it begins Side 2. I miss that whole Side 1/Side 2 concept at times ...

I would still put Tales on my (long) list of all time favorite albums.

I find Tales is a good album to play on Halloween ... with Edgar Allen Poe and all ... Tales has been a Halloween tradition of mine for about 10 years now so I listen to it at least once a year!

I remember anxiously awaiting the release of I Robot but honestly I didn’t like it as well ... and I was less enthralled with Pyramid too then fell out of following the Alan Parsons Project releases.

I did get Turn of a Friendly Card on CD a few years ago and like it fairly well. I also found some other Alan Parsons Project vinyl records at thrift shops but haven’t gotten around to listening to them.

I’m thinking I should take one day and listen to Alan Parsons Project records all day to get myself reacquainted!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^One of my favorite producers of all time, happy birthday Mr. Parsons.:cheers2

I'll have to play a couple of the Project's albums to celebrate.

And the last time I read up on him he was happily married living in California with his wife and has two daughters now.

Aero

Reaction score
This is my all-time favorite band and I honestly don't believe there's a weak album in the lot.

I will say though that my least favorite album by them is Gaudi. However, even that record has Too Late and Standing On Higher Ground which I think are both good songs so it's not a bad record by any means.

My favorite record they ever did was I Robot but the title song is probably the least listened to song on there for me because I'm not a fan of Electronica. I much prefer Some Other Time, Breakdown, Don't Let It Show and Day After Day which I feel are the best songs on the album. Throw in I Wouldn't Wanna Be Like You and The Voice which are both pretty good songs in their own right and you have what I believe to be one of top 50 records ever made.

Personally, I have so many favorite songs which are spread across every record and they change from week to week.

Shadow Of A Lonely Man
Time
To One In Paradise
Old And Wise
Some Other Time
Cask Of Amontillado
Don't Answer Me
Ammonia Avenue
Day After Day
If You Could Change Your Mind

As you can see, I gravitate towards their pop stuff, although I enjoy their attempts at funk and other genres too. All around, a great band/entity/whatever you wanna call them and because of their songwriting, musical skills, and the themes they touch on, it's a group that I think you can appreciate more as you grow older.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I don't have Gaudi, I stop at Vulture Culture. Personally I love the whole spectrum of The Projects unique sound, the concepts, the talented session musicians, all the variety they pack into an album. I have a hard time picking a favorite recording, it changes but I Robot is the one that put them on the map.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online