The Alan Parsons Project (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
"The Alan Parson's Project"

The Alan Parsons Project, basically the partnership between Alan Parsons and Eric Woolfson with numerous guest musicians to allow Parsons complete control over the finished product. Tired of the politics/bickering inherent when working with numerous bands including The Beatles and Pink Floyd, Parsons wanted to record without too much Drama, so the Project allowed him to express his own creative side. I really respected Parsons as a producer/engineer before his solo recording career, his engineering ability in the studios was first class and if I ever aspired to be an engineer in a recording studio he would be one my inspirations for sure.

The first album he and Woolfson released was "Tales of Mystery and Imagination", inspired by the writings of Edgar Allen Poe. The Project were a progressive rock band that released only Concept albums, consisting of a single theme. I love Concept albums so I was a fan from the first time I played one of their records.

Studio Albums

1976 Tales of Mystery and Imagination
1977 I Robot
1978 Pyramid
1979 Eve
1980 The Turn of a Friendly Card
1982 Eye In The Sky
1984 Ammonia Avenue
1985 Vulture Culture
1986 Stereotomy
1987 Gaudi

My Collection of The Alan Parsons Project CD's:

1. Tales of Mystery and Imagination
2. I Robot
3. Pyramid
4. Eve
5. The Turn of a Friendly Card
6. Eye in the Sky
7. Ammonia Avenue

Cask of Amontillado

AlanParsonsProjectTalesofMysteryIma.jpg

AlanParsonsProjectTalesofMystery-1.jpg

Alan Parsons Project Official Website
Alan Parsons Project on Wikipedia

Stout

Reaction score
Re: The Alan Parsons Project

I did enjoy Tales of Mystery and Imagination when i had it on cassette years ago. Other than that, I don`t know much about the Alan Parsons project.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I am sure you would like "I Robot" Stout. I have listed the albums I own and they are all good, well I Think so anyway...:grinthumb

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score

^^^ Ya "I Robot" is a good album by them.. I can't really say much about Alan Parsons.. I have quite a few of their early LP's and I don't play them much.
I'm kinda out growing prog it seems..
But I guess if I had some prog friends show up then I would spin som AP..... NOT!!! :lmao: They would have to deal with all my Black Sabbath and learn to like it!!!:heybaby:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^No problem Thumper...at least you Know who Parsons is...:lmao:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

I am a prog fan, but never really got into Alan Parsons Project all that much. I have the album "The Turn of a Friendly Card", and will probably add "I Robot" to the collection, otherwise, I wont get my knickers in a twit over them.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

You wear Knickers...:heheh:

I like the Project the lush instrumentation, the production qualities, just the whole essence of what they put into a recording is something I enjoy.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

It has been ages since I have listened to them, I may listen to them tomorrow. Maybe now that I am into prog more, I will have a better appreciation for them.

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score

I enjoy the Project, Eye In The Sky is a fantastic album. I also recently acquired I Robot and Pyramid so I'll be giving them a spin too! :)

Thumbs up from me :grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Nice to hear Magic, and Sal I expected to see you in here.:D

What I like about the Project is they carry on the tradition of classical in their music, like the Moody Blues did before them, and I LOVE that kind of stuff.

Pyramid has my all time favorite Parsons song,,,I'll wait till you play it before I tell you which one it is.;)

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Staff online

Members online