Taylor Swift (Official Thread)

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
Awesome guys!! Yeah she's been doing some cool collabs on this tour. I've also been listening to the show she did with Def Leppard lately.

What I'm really excited about is she's been doing some of her duet songs solo... I seriously need to find some Taylor Swift bootlegs because I need these bloody songs in good quality!!

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
Taylor Swift

I kinda like some of the many tunes in what's getting to be a really long hit streak for the wonderful Taylor Swift.However,sometimes I get the impression she's a bit more interested in the "pop star" side of things rather than being a more genuine country artist.Anyone else share in this perspective?

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
She is very blatantly a pop star. She started out with more country oriented songs but she now she is a just a diva that sometimes plays acoustic guitar.

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
She is very blatantly a pop star. She started out with more country oriented songs but she now she is a just a diva that sometimes plays acoustic guitar.

That's not even remotely fair. For starters she still writes more of her material than Gaga or Adele, and those are supposed to be the "genuine" pop artists. Secondly she doesn't occasionally play guitar, there is guitar in all of her songs. I can't think of one studio song that doesn't have guitar except for a few solo-piano outtake versions. Even when she did her so-called "modern pop" album, the whole thing is guitar-based. There's electronic accompaniment on one song (while the main rhythm is still guitar), and well over half the album is still the same organic folk-rock instrumentations she's been doing since her first record. Not even to mention all the solo-acoustic songs she performs at every show of rare tracks, not exactly what I'd expect from a typical diva.

I get that because Taylor's music appeals predominantly to 13 year old girls, and because she's obnoxiously huge, and because she doesn't kiss up to the country crowd, people want to write her off as a mindless drone corporate sugar act. But the facts just don't support that at all. Now if you want to tell me her first three releases (s/t, Beautiful Eyes and the Christmas album), are the only ones that are country-oriented, I agree with you 100% wholeheartedly. She was only ever "full" country for that first record really. But as for her being "just a diva who occasionally plays acoustic guitar," that's simply ridiculous. Her music is guitar music. While almost everyone in the pop world continues to do EDM-based dance pop, Taylor has always and continues to exclusively play organic, live band styled material. That's probably why some people still insist on calling her country even though she hasn't released a song about trucks since 2006.

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
I've had that Shake It Off song in my head for 2 days now, and it won't go away.

It's a pretty good song, though.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online