Tarja Turunen (Official Thread)

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
One of my favourite female vocalist superb characters within the songs she hasn't gotten out of focus she brings them brilliantly to life awesomeness of her performance of the live show

I've mentioned before that I prefer Tarja as a solo artist. I think she's gone from strength to strength with her solo releases and I think her latest two solo albums and the recent EP are her best solo efforts so far. Her previous albums were slightly more patchy, but still excellent for the most part, she just seems more confident about her solo career now and it shows in the music she creates.

Starchild

Little Dreamer
Reaction score
Wow. Why didn't I see this thread before? I really liked her contribution to Nightwish. Her solo work is even better.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
@-ViT-

I love love love her voice but that alabaster stage makeup makes her look way too evil.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
TARJA TURUNEN and TORSTEN STENZEL create OUTLANDERS
The first single "Closer to the Sky" is now available for pre-order at https://tarja.lnk.to/CloserToTheSky
OUTLANDERS was created by no one less than Finnish soprano legend Tarja Turunen and EDM pioneer Torsten Stenzel; both were able to win over some of the most influential guitar players of our time as featuring guests.
So what genre is OUTLANDERS? The answer is simple: it is a music genre on its own as classifying OUTLANDERS as any existing genre will just fail.
Tarja's vision of OUTLANDERS is to create something exciting and new: OUTLANDERS combine chilled but exciting electronic beats with Tarja’s emotional, classically trained vocal skills and unique guitar performances. These three elements are a constant in all the songs and are equally important.
Their new song "Closer to The Sky" marks the start of a release series of 8 tracks on earMUSIC preceding a full-length album: each song presents an exceptional guitarist as guest including Al Di Meola, Joe Satriani, Jennifer Batten, Steve Rothery, Mike Oldfield, Walter Giardino, Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal, Vernon Reid and Marty Friedman.
Recorded and mixed mainly on the Caribbean island of Antigua during the last 10 years, the sounds of OUTLANDERS is mystic; soft and powerful; catchy and dreamy; modern but vintage at the same time. Their music contains opposites that magically attract each other and the three aesthetic pillar elements unite to create one unique sound.
First track "Closer to the Sky" composed by Tarja and Erik Nyholm is set for release November 26th, 2021 featuring guitarist TREVOR RABIN, best known as guitarist of Prog-Rock icons YES as well as a top Hollywood blockbuster movies score composer.

I am pretty interested in this project actually. Want to see where they go with this.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online