Supertramp (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Supertramp

I played Breakfast last night, and I really enjoyed listening to it, more than I did when I bought it on vinyl decades ago.

It is a good album, and even though it was more commercial than previous releases, that's okay with me, Supertramp earned the right to make some serious money after starving the first few years.:D

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Hey I know why I know this group! :) Goodbye Stranger and Logical Song are on the soundtrack to Magnolia which is in my top five favorite movies. I really like both of those songs but I have to agree their big singles like Give A Little Bit and Dreamer (hated that one) seem to be their weakest stuff. I have to disagree with CP/M on their dreary stuff being hard to listen to. That's the stuff I liked with Even The Quietest Moments severing as the best example and might be my favorite.

I just have to add that while the Goo Goo Dolls covered Give A Little Bit and they added little to an already bland song I have to give credit to Gym Class Heroes after hearing Breakfast In America. After hearing the original now I think it was a genius song to use and I liked how they incorporated it! Forgive me guys but at least this group has a band feel to it! :D:

Gym Class Heroes-Cupids Chokehold

Ezequiel

Reaction score
eMalahleni, South Africa & Delft, Holland

NOOOOO!!!! Those Gym Class ******* should have never molested this beautiful Supertramp song! They messed it up completely! I don't mind covers but I hate it when they use samples like these people. Horrible!

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

NOOOOO!!!! Those Gym Class ******* should have never molested this beautiful Supertramp song! They messed it up completely! I don't mind covers but I hate it when they use samples like these people. Horrible!

I warned you ahead of time! :lmao: I was still grooving to it and if nothing else it exposes a different generation to Supertramp! I picked up on that Supertramp song in two seconds because of that song! :grinthumb

It's interesting that you call that a beautiful song because earlier in the thread you called it plain and poppy! Just saying! :D

Last edited:

rtbuck

Reaction score

I didn't care much for Supertramp when I first heard them which was the many cuts featured 3 times an hour on local radio here in Buffalo from the 'Breakfast in America' album. At the time I was into all the hardrock stuff from the 70's & that was about all.Logical Song,Long Way Home,Breakfast in America,...etc were just too wimpy for my tastes back then. I couldn't figure out how the hell they would sell out 2 shows back to back at our 17,500 seat arena. I then heard "Bloody Well Right" & thought the song was cool as hell.I bought 'Crime of the Century' eventually & really liked it. I then started liking the 'Breakfast...' stuff as well as the "Even in the Quietest Moments' album. I never became a huge fan of them but they're all right. I still can't believe how they sold out those shows back then

Ezequiel

Reaction score
eMalahleni, South Africa & Delft, Holland

I warned you ahead of time! :lmao: I was still grooving to it and if nothing else it exposes a different generation to Supertramp! I picked up on that Supertramp song in two seconds because of that song! :grinthumb

It's interesting that you call that a beautiful song because earlier in the thread you called it plain and poppy! Just saying! :D

Well, compared to their earlier work, the Breakfast-album was less interesting but still alright. What those bands of today do is plain molesting of classic rock music

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I have to agree with SSV on that score,,,the only thing good about modern bands "Sampling", classic songs is to introduce a new audience to the music, and hopefully like Bry they take the time to listen to the original versions.

For the record I am not a fan of Gym Class Heroes.;)

Super 10

Reaction score

they have a few pretty good songs including Breakfast In America and Give A Little Bit but i never really got into them that much

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Seeing there is no particular order in here, which is unusual for me when I do a band, next up is "Crisis What Crisis". I never bought this one, my older brother had a copy so I just borrowed his when I wanted to listen to it. I've been playing it the last few days before I comment in here, and although it's not quite at the same level as "Quietest", or "Crime", it is a good solid record, so if you like Supertramp and have never heard the complete CD, it deserves a chance in your rotation.

Sister Moonshine.

supertramp_crisis_what_crisis_front.jpg

supertramp_crisis_what_crisis_1975_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Staff online