Styx (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Styx

I have seen Styx twice with Gowan and he was pretty good.I have never seen DeYoung solo but he has a guy that sings the Tommy Shaw songs.I wonder how good he sounds

Styx is out on the round this summer with Yes.

Yes without Jon Anderson though...you going to catch that one Fever?

Fever

Reaction score

Yes without Jon Anderson though...you going to catch that one Fever?

If they come to my area I might.Yes came around Raleigh/Durham last year alone but I didn't go.
Styx is scheduled to come here but I haven't seen Yes listed with them.I don't know if I really want to see Yes without Jon Anderson.But then again I have seen Foreigner without Gramm,Styx without DeYoung and Journey without Perry :grinthumb

I saw Styx and Foreigner together last summer

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

You seem to be in the perfect spot to get all these shows...those bands haven't toured up here in years.:(

I've seen and heard the replacement Yes has for Anderson, he sounds good...but I just can't picture the band without him in it.

Blue Collar Man

Reaction score
I had to dig up the Styx thread. I've been a big fan for a long time and have been to several Styx shows over the years. But I just can't deal with hearing Lawrence Gowan. I saw them only 1 time with him and I just hate his voice. I really wish Dennis and the rest of the band would work something out and let the REAL Styx tour again!

Blue Collar Man

Reaction score

This is a KILLER medley and shows how great STYX are as a band but here's what ****** me off. At 2:24 they go into Mr. Roboto. Now you would think with ALL the public belly aching by the band about this album and song that they wouldn't play it.

I mean I like it and have always defended the record but the hypocrisy kills me. :rolleyes:

I agree. Roboto and the whole Kilroy idea was supposed to be hated by the rest of the band. Yet they still sneak it in to their shows even now. But that is a killer medley!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I had to dig up the Styx thread. I've been a big fan for a long time and have been to several Styx shows over the years. But I just can't deal with hearing Lawrence Gowan. I saw them only 1 time with him and I just hate his voice. I really wish Dennis and the rest of the band would work something out and let the REAL Styx tour again!

I've heard the opposite from some people who think Gowan has done admirably for Styx when they tour...:dunno:

The little I've read/heard about the band's rift...seems to indicate they will never tour with Dennis again. James Young and Tommy Shaw both feel very strongly about that.

Blue Collar Man

Reaction score
The little I've read/heard about the band's rift...seems to indicate they will never tour with Dennis again. James Young and Tommy Shaw both feel very strongly about that.

That's what I'm reading/hearing as well. Very unfortunate! I did hear Chuck Panozzo say that he hopes a reunion could happen before another member dies.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^For a one of event that would be great...but a full length tour seems out of the question. I always enjoyed Styx's music, and never understood the criticism they took from so many in the music world, similar to the Doobie Brothers in that respect.

Balance

Reaction score
I've heard the opposite from some people who think Gowan has done admirably for Styx when they tour...:dunno:

When DAMN YANKESS formed I didn't give a hoot if Dennis and Tommy ever reconciled. Loved to rock HERE I COME AGAIN on full decibels ;)

Khor1255

Reaction score
Whatever happened to John Curulewski? That song A Day is so freakin cool and they had far less an element of cheese when he was on board. I really dig some of the Shaw songs and he is a good musician but does anyone know if they have ever had a reunion with Curulewski.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online

No members online now.