Stryper (Official Thread)

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score
Re: Stryper

I'm a big fan of Christian rock/metal

me too. I have thousands of cd's, LP's, and cassettes of bands ranging from Glass Harp and Larry Norman, Rez and Petra, Bride and Barren Cross, Die Happy and Sacred Warrior, Sacrament and Believer, Narnia and Rob Rock just to name a few. You name it, I got it.

I have the CD, Cassette, and LP of every Stryper album in the 80's. I wish I had Against The Law on vinyl but by 1990 vinyl was all but gone.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Re: Stryper

Yeah the new Cover Album looks good...I cannot believe the tracklisting!!

1. Set Me Free
2. Blackout
3. Heaven and Hell
4. Lights Out
5. Carry on Wayward Son
6. Highway Star
7. Shout It Out Loud
8. Over the Mountain
9. The Trooper
10. Breaking the Law
11. On Fire
12. Immigrant Song
13. God

:oy: :mp: :oy: :mp:

Holy poop, what a track listing! :bow:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
You haven't seen that yet Lynch??

It's so good!!!

You gotta get this CD man!!

:cheers2

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I will definitely be grabbing this disc. Checked out a couple of the tunes and they sound pretty damn good. can't wait to hear the rest. :cheers:

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
STRYPER are back !! ...this time with a new album "Second coming" released any day now. I checked out the single from the album....pretty good:grinthumb. it rocks!!! [ Hmm it seems a few are mentioning the riff sounds like "feel like making love" by Bad Company...oh well ]
"Bleeding from inside out"

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The song is decent, but the riff does sound like it could be from Feel Like Making Love. That is ok with me, it's nice to see a new twist to the riff.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I'm excited about the new songs but NOT the CD as a whole. They were on a roll having two new studio albums of new music and then the Covering...which isn't bad at all. In fact their versions of classic metal tunes is worth the $$$.

However...to rerecord OLD material that was PERFECTION to begin with?? I don't get it....I seen Michael Sweet say that his voice is that of a man today where it was too high before...so far..I can't see where the songs needed ANY improvement. The drums fall flatter than the original recordings also.

I like STRYPER so I'm not 100% bummed out. Ya know why??

Looks like they may be back in the studio now, working on another ALL new ALL original CD again.

:grinthumb

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Keep us informed, MP, about the new material/album.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Sorry MP I didnt realise the forthcoming STRYPER album contains so many reworks....and I agree with you..why? Michaels vocals are faultless.So why ??
As you say, bit of a strange move, rework albums arent good "sellers" in general. Mind you MANOWAR did ok with their rework of Battle Hymns. Im pretty confident "Second coming" is still going to be decent.
It would be great if they came to the UK to tour , heres hoping

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online