Register to remove these ads

Stryper (Official Thread)

Discussion in 'Metal' started by METALPRIEST, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Sharp Dressed Man

Sharp Dressed Man Down South Jukin' Staff Member

Michael Sweet has a solo album on the way and his latest song/video "I'm Not Your Suicide" has a strong and powerful message. I'm sure anyone can relate to these lyrics, but as a parent, I feel very strongly about this topic, although my own daughter is still just a baby and not quite ready for school or other places were kids are being bullied yet.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  2. METALPRIEST

METALPRIEST Senior Member

Very cool :grinthumb

3. LOU/REALM

LOU/REALM Senior Member

Excellent track...another album to add to the wishlist. Michael Sweet and STRYPER have been busy of late....

4. LOU/REALM

LOU/REALM Senior Member

....and as 70s guy previously told us STRYPER are back with yet another scorcher of an album. Critics have said "Fallen " is probably their best and heaviest work for years. :grinthumb
    Another album for Santa to get me !

Yahweh / Pride

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
  5. Magic

Magic Woman of the World

@LOU/REALM

fantastic album! I managed to get my hands on it, and I don't know if it's their heaviest but it sure is a smoker :tup:

6. Sharp Dressed Man

Sharp Dressed Man Down South Jukin' Staff Member

Heard "Yahweh" a while back and was blown away by it. I can't say I'm a long time fan of Stryper, didn't bother much with them in the past, but I really enjoyed and own a copy of their previous album. I think I'll get a copy of the new one as well.

7. Magic

Magic Woman of the World

I've always been a fan of Michael Sweet. @LOU/REALM & @Sharp Dressed Man have you guys checked out the Lynch and Sweet album, Only to Rise yet?

8. LOU/REALM

LOU/REALM Senior Member

The Sweet and Lynch album sounds great Magic. Two rock legends IMO...but still have yet to get a copy of the cd myself. I did say Stryper have been well busy....even Oz Fox plays guitar on ANGELs Frank Diminos album :bow:

2 tracks from Sweet and Lynch

Dying rose / The wish

9. joker1961

joker1961 Hopping Mad Frog

ooh goody...me too!
    ones better than none...

@LOU/REALM spot on...

Attached Files:

10. Elvino

Elvino Junior Member

I only discovered Stryper about 6 years ago when I got Reborn at a garage sale. I liked it but it didn't lead me to further investigate the band, probably because it is not one of their better albums. Well, I pulled it back out a month ago and was listening, then checked them out on You Tube and was blown away. I got the bug and now, just a mere 30 days later have 5 Stryper albums on CD and 4 more in the mail plus a Michael Sweet album (One Sided War). Loving it. So far I have Reborn, Fallen, No More Hell to Pay, Live at the Whiskey, and Second Coming. Also listened to (on library loan) 7 The Best of Styper, Murder by Pride, and The Covering. Of all those, I really like Second Coming as it is a best-of set that was re-recorded for better sound and it really is a powerful album in both sound and track selection. Yet to arrive in the mail are the Michael Sweet album, and Stryper's God Damn Evil, In God We Trust, Against the Law, and another best-of set Can't Stop the Rock.