Stone Temple Pilots (Official Thread)

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Re: Stone Temple Pilots

I love STP! I don't know why more people aren't talking about them on here. Excellent band with a unique sound.

Removed dead video

And, as I said before, they did an excellent cover of Dancing Days for the Encomium tribute album.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. T

Reaction score

This thread needs a :bump:

I love these tracks!

Silvergun Superman

Removed dead video

Interstate Love Song

TheWhalerfan

Lovus My Avatarus
Reaction score

I loved the first 2 albums, didn't like the third, enjoyed some of the fourth, and have yet to listen to all of the new one. While I don't like everything from these guys, when they get it right their songs can be incredible. Both DeLeo's have a very good musical sound, and Scott is one of the best vocalists out there. Glad to see them still going, even if Weiland's return did screw up Velvet Revolver.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

I loved the first 2 albums, didn't like the third, enjoyed some of the fourth, and have yet to listen to all of the new one. While I don't like everything from these guys, when they get it right their songs can be incredible. Both DeLeo's have a very good musical sound, and Scott is one of the best vocalists out there. Glad to see them still going, even if Weiland's return did screw up Velvet Revolver.

That's funny because the third was my favorite and I lost interest after hearing the 4th! :heheh: I would like to hear the newest release! Any recommendations for the best tracks from it from people who bought it? :)

Mr. T

Reaction score

That's funny because the third was my favorite and I lost interest after hearing the 4th! :heheh: I would like to hear the newest release! Any recommendations for the best tracks from it from people who bought it? :)

TBH Soot I'm not real crazy about the new album but my favorite cut would be Take A Load Off.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

TBH Soot I'm not real crazy about the new album but my favorite cut would be Take A Load Off.

That's a solid track Tunez! Thanks for the rec! :) My two friends saw them when they toured around this album and said it was a great show! :grinthumb

knivesout

(A.K.A. Googly Minotaur)
Reaction score
Re: Stone Temple Pilots-Who saw 'em live?

december 16, 2010....

finally STP played in Lima Perú :pullhair::pullhair::pullhair::pullhair:

really, i don't believe it saw STP in my hometown and i heard Big Empty :uh:

setlist was this:

Crackerman
Wicked Garden
Vasoline
Heaven and Hot Rods
Between the Lines
Hickory Dichotomy
Still Remains
Cinnamon
Big Empty
Dancing Days(Led Zeppelin cover)
Silvergun Superman
Plush
Interstate Love Song
Huckleberry Crumble
Down
Sex Type Thing

Encore:
Dead & Bloated
Trippin' on a Hole in a Paper Heart

knivesout

(A.K.A. Googly Minotaur)
Reaction score

That's a solid track Tunez! Thanks for the rec! :) My two friends saw them when they toured around this album and said it was a great show! :grinthumb

it's my fav song from s/t too

knivesout

(A.K.A. Googly Minotaur)
Reaction score
Re: Stone Temple Pilots-Who saw 'em live?

You need to checkout a record that DEAN DELEO, ROBERT DELEO & ERIC KRETZ released in 1997 under the name TALKSHOW (fantastic record). They had a guy named DAVID COUTTS on vocals and the music is brilliant, COUTTS isn't bad (it would have been a brilliant STP record if they had recorded it with WEILAND). They did the album while WEILAND was dealing with drug issues & was recording his solo album 12 BAR BLUES.

my fav song from Talk Show is John

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I like the 2010 self titled album, it is not by any means as good as Core, Purple or No 4 but it is pretty solid.
Plush is my favourite song of theirs, the grunge style is their best work.

So far the only song I don't really like is Cinnamon, was rather dull for my liking. The only complaint so far of the self titled album.

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murphy_orrest

Members online