Stone Temple Pilots (Official Thread)

Drummer Chris

Reaction score
61evbZa%2B-WL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Official Website

Core (1992)
Purple (1994)
Tiny Music... Songs from the Vatican Gift Shop (1996)
No. 4 (1999)
Shangri-La Dee Da (2001)
Stone Temple Pilots (2010)

Hey all....I was just thinking about one of my favorite bands from the 90's-STP!
I kinda miss them now that they broke up a few years ago though it's good to see that Weiland is still a rock and roll star with Velvet Revolver.
Your thoughts on STP and past concert experiences? :grinthumb

StoneTemplePilots.jpg

band22.jpg

stp.gif

STP2010.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Re: Stone Temple Pilots

I own every STP release beside Shangri-La_Di-Da and the greatest hits compilation! I think their best release is

Tiny Music....

1254958926398_f.jpg

It was their only real attempt at playing with their sound and adding variety to their albums. Afterward, I felt their really fell off with the very dull No. 4!

My favorite track from them is:

Trippin' On A Hole In A Paper Heart

Overall, they are a band that I can enjoy their music but I can't call them a band that sticks out IMO. I can accept them in the same way that I can accept a band like Creed. I can listen to the music, pick out what I like and enjoy it but I'll never get a Wow! factor from them.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Stpfinalcover.jpg

2010 Release. Pretty decent album, IMHO>

Removed dead video

I just got this album a couple days ago, and I really like it. Although I like the more "grungy" sound of the Debut album:

510-pjyXdxL._AA300_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

joe

Reaction score

Good to see STP back in the fold. Those couple of tracks sound pretty good. I also prefer the grungier sound from thier four albums from the 90's. I've always been a supporter for Scott Wieland to overcome his 'demons'. Quite possible that he has won the battle.

BTW, nice to have you back Magic.:)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Weiland has an autobiography coming out in March 2011, "Not Dead & Not For Sale".

This book should be pretty interesting.

Click here or or here for more book and Scott Weiland information.

billyshears

Swagger
Reaction score
Re: Stone Temple Pilots-Who saw 'em live?

STP is playing together, minus weiland, and under a different name........what was it ..........had a singer from yet another well known act...........anyway, it sounded just like STP, I heard it just yesterday..

ok......it was driving me nuts so I looked it up. The new band is Army of anyone, and consists of the Deleo brothers (guitar and bass) of STP fame, and the singer from Filter.

You need to checkout a record that DEAN DELEO, ROBERT DELEO & ERIC KRETZ released in 1997 under the name TALKSHOW (fantastic record). They had a guy named DAVID COUTTS on vocals and the music is brilliant, COUTTS isn't bad (it would have been a brilliant STP record if they had recorded it with WEILAND). They did the album while WEILAND was dealing with drug issues & was recording his solo album 12 BAR BLUES.

Attachments

• album-talk-show.jpg
    album-talk-show.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 54

Titokinz

Earthbound misfit
Reaction score

Kickass diverse band, Core is pretty damn great for a band's first album!

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online