Stevie Nicks or Janis Joplin?

Stevie Nicks or Janis Joplin?

• Total voters

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Stevie by a light year.

Janis is ok in VERY small doses, but that "I just got done gargling/swilling gasoline" voice of hers is like nails on a chalkboard after just a song or two.

I could listen to Stevie for a LONG time.

Schmetterling

Reaction score
Stevie, but some of her solo stuff was a bit dodgy on the ear too I must admit.....

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score
I used to love Stevie's vocals, but for some reason those same vocals 30 years later sound too flittery and lilting -- and I don't even know if those are real words ok?, but I think you know the point I'm trying to make. lol

So Janis, with all her heart and soul and passion.

Disclaimer: I voted on vocals only, not whose music I like more or better.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I used to love Stevie's vocals, but for some reason those same vocals 30 years later sound too flittery and lilting -- and I don't even know if those are real words ok?, but I think you know the point I'm trying to make. lol

So Janis, with all her heart and soul and passion.

Disclaimer: I voted on vocals only, not whose music I like more or better.

I voted for Stevie because I always thought she had a sexy voice. Her vocal range was never that great but her vocal style is so unique you always know it's Stevie.

I have heard her vocals compared to bleeking sheep....;)

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score
I voted for Stevie because I always thought she had a sexy voice. Her vocal range was never that great but her vocal style is so unique you always know it's Stevie.

I have heard her vocals compared to bleeking sheep....;)
I agree. I always thought Stevie had a sexy voice, too. The fluttering, lilting and flittiness was cute then. But now? Not so much to me. I never really thought about her range before because most of the songs she sang were upbeat. Not slow and brooding where the vocals tend to match the mood of the song. Christine, having a lower register, must have sang on those slow, moody, brooding songs. :D

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online

No members online now.