Stevie Nicks or Janis Joplin?

Stevie Nicks or Janis Joplin?

• Total voters

Schmetterling

Reaction score
I agree. I always thought Stevie had a sexy voice, too. The fluttering, lilting and flittiness was cute then. But now? Not so much to me. I never really thought about her range before because most of the songs she sang were upbeat. Not slow and brooding where the vocals tend to match the mood of the song. Christine, having a lower register, must have sang on those slow, moody, brooding songs. :D

Completely agree with you on all points regarding Stevie : back in the 70s she was as sexy as f*ck (if you'll pardon the expression..:D ) but always rather limited in ability. I'm very fond of both Rumours and Tango in the Night and I used to own a solo Stevie album called "Rock a Little" but I lost it somehow... They were all good ones but recently I purchased the deluxe version of her "Belladonna" live album and was sorely disappointed with it, so much so that I no longer have it on my playlist....:(

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score
I love her vocals on songs like "Gold Dust Woman" and "The Chain". :)

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
Janis Joplin makes me want to puke.
Just in case I wasn't clear in my earlier post..lol

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Janis Joplin makes me want to puke.
Just in case I wasn't clear in my earlier post..lol

Umm....at least you're honest.

I always thought of Janice as a "nasty" person. She always looked like she needed a bath & clean clothes. But as far as her talent.....well, Pearl is a masterpiece, IMO. Otherwise, I am not that big a fan.

Janis Joplin WAS Rock 'n Roll

Stevie Nicks is an airhead

Janis was an airhead, too. I've watched "Little Girl Blue" and "Her Final Hours" and Janis was not only a very mentally troubled person but her addictions made her incoherent just about 80% of the time. The only thing that held her together was The Holding Company.......and she couldn't even keep that together.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Members online