Steven Tyler in Burger King commercial

Lavender10

Cult of Personality
Reaction score
It isnt about integrity. When your that famous and respected you have enough reputation to burn. He wanted to do something new and fun. I definitely thought it was funny :) It may have also been a chas grab, but the guys net worth is at almost $50 million at this point. Also, Mike Stipe of R.E.M. did a commercial for some shoe company in the early 00s.
Dave Grohl of Foo Fighters did a spoof advert for Scissor Sisters about 2 years ago. Just food for thought.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I don't see it as ANY sort of tarnish on his reputation or integrity. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion so I'm not saying that having that mentality is right or wrong, but I certainly don't subscribe to that mindset.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
At the end of the day most musicians that "hit it big" are celebrities. Celebrities endorse. They have done that for decades, and ya know... it made me want a Whopper, which means he did what he was supposed to do. :grinthumb

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Stevo and everyone on his level in the rock biz are definitely celebs. There are other bands that kept a lower profile but still have a strong fanbase who you would never see being a spokesperson for something. All about your influence and selling power. Definitely ever since the 90s I'd say he's reached that level and he's easily recognized even by those who aren't the biggest fans of the genre. :grinthumb

I wonder if he could fit an entire Whopper in that mouth. :think:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alvinparkermanvan

Members online