Steven Tyler in Burger King commercial

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
:heheh:

That was cute. He really doesn't show as much personality on AI as he did there. Sometimes I think he just sits there for the huge paycheck. :D

coltrane2

Musicologist
Reaction score
Just how far out of Integrity-Ville is the Tyler steam train gonna travel. The only thing that will right all of these wrongs is a shit kicking new Aerosmith album. With zero ballads on it.

Death on Credit

Reaction score
Just how far out of Integrity-Ville is the Tyler steam train gonna travel. The only thing that will right all of these wrongs is a shit kicking new Aerosmith album. With zero ballads on it.

I agree that starring in a Burger King commercial doesn't exactly scream "I have artistic integrity!"

However, it looks like he's having fun, which I think trumps integrity every time.

coltrane2

Musicologist
Reaction score
I agree that starring in a Burger King commercial doesn't exactly scream "I have artistic integrity!"

However, it looks like he's having fun, which I think trumps integrity every time.

So you'd say it's genuine fun, rather than a multi millionaire's scripted advertisement in the ruthless pursuit of more money, then?

Still, better this than killing himself on drugs I guess.

Am off to listen to Toys In The Attic to cleanse my palette.

Death on Credit

Reaction score
So you'd say it's genuine fun, rather than a multi millionaire's scripted advertisement in the ruthless pursuit of more money, then?

Still, better this than killing himself on drugs I guess.

Am off to listen to Toys In The Attic to cleanse my palette.

Scripted? Yes.
Cash grab? Absolutely.

But, in the end, he's still just getting paid to be himself. Getting to do something like that without actually having to compromise anything sounds fun to me.

coltrane2

Musicologist
Reaction score
Scripted? Yes.
Cash grab? Absolutely.

But, in the end, he's still just getting paid to be himself. Getting to do something like that without actually having to compromise anything sounds fun to me.

Wey-he We could enjoy all of our music heroes like this in the name of fun yeah? How perfect would that be? How about a Sick Of It All tour sponsored by Coca-Cola? Marilyn Manson could promote L'Oreal hair commercials.

There's a reason why artists like Springsteen, Tom Waits and R.E.M. steer clear of this stuff and it is that integrity point.

I'm not questioning any person's freedom to do anything. You could say that about any action a musician decided to take that doesn't involve crime.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeenaTrowb

Members online