Harkat

Reaction score
Re: Steve Hackett

Awesome!
Look at his concentration :grinthumb

Kuaizi

Reaction score

Really slick pictures!! Thanks for posting them Aktivator~~ :)

Spectral Mornings is definitely my favorite from what I have so far picked up from Hackett. Another album of note is the live Tokyo Tapes album, which features Hackett, John Wetton, Chester Thompson, Ian McDonald and Julian Colbeck. They play various tracks from Hackett's solo stuff, Genesis, King Crimson, and Asia.I definitely recommend it! Good stuff!

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

^^^ Both are superb albums IMO. Steve Hackett is a musical magician. He conjours up the most incredible sounds. Great imagination IMO.

The Virgin And The Gypsy

Every Day

jives11

Reaction score
My son saw the Steven Wilson "The Raven that refused to sing" concert earlier this year at the Festival Hall. It was quite something, in full surround sound and with video projected over the audience - my son said at various points it was actually terrifying, which is true to the material which is about hauntings of various types.

He looked up and in the box was Steve Hackett enjoying the whole thing. We've seen Steve H. a few times at the Farnham maltings - always good, and I think the two Steves are big mutual fans.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
That sounds like you had a good night jives11, I like the Steven Wilson album, just shows that Mr Hackett likes a good tune. Mr Hackett was great when I saw him this year, great band and light show:)

Marbles

Reaction score
Ditto here. He played Friars, Aylesbury a couple of months ago, with Nik Kershaw, John Wetton and Steve Rothery guesting, recreating their contributions to the recent "Genesis Revisited 2" album. A cracking night.

Also a big fan of "Spectral Mornings" - the title track's probably my favourite SH solo piece. I also have a soft spot for "Cured".

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online