Steve Hackett (Official Thread)

Stout

Reaction score
Re: Steve Hackett

I would agree in the 60's and early 70's with your statement Stout, but I feel music has really blossomed since those decades. The jolt that the British Invasion had on contemporary music is visible all over the world, almost every rock 'n roll band sings in English no matter where they are from.

Plus right now as I write this, there are more bands making music I enjoy on the Continent, than in England, one of the reasons I am involved in a music forum is because of the quality of music they are making.:tup:
It`s all down to personal preference and taste, isn`t it, Lord?
As for myself, I`m very picky with music and the bands I do enjoy such as the progressive bands hail from England , new and old. Nothing in this country really stokes my interest as far as music goes.
What I like about Hackett`s music is that it`s distinctive and I just find many American bands just run of the mill and quite boring..

Stout

Reaction score

Ah but he is playing America this summer. :D
he is playing NEARfest09 on friday alumni night June 18th @ Zoellner Arts Center, Lehigh University, Bethlehem, PA. The opening act is Riverside-a polish prog band that is one of my favorite bands of 00's. If you don't know about NEARfest its a prog/artrock festival that has been going on since 99. SInce its Friday night you can buy just a Friday night ticket when they go on sale in April. If you can't make that I'm quessing that Hackett will add a NYC show around the same time, he did it last time he played NEARfest 2002
This is very encouraging news Thanks.. And yes, I was at a nearfest in 2005. I was lucky enough to see IQ, who I thought were brilliant. But the problem with these festivals is that you have some impressive bands that are enjoyable, and other bands that are regettable. Getting through the regrettable stuff is tedious.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

It`s all down to personal preference and taste, isn`t it, Lord?
As for myself, I`m very picky with music and the bands I do enjoy such as the progressive bands hail from England , new and old. Nothing in this country really stokes my interest as far as music goes.
What I like about Hackett`s music is that it`s distinctive and I just find many American bands just run of the mill and quite boring..

I hear you Stout, and I love old British Prog myself, but there are still some excellent new bands from Europe worth listening to.

I have two of Hackett's solo albums now, after reading your post I figured I should have some of his work in the collection.;)

Stout

Reaction score

I have listened to Hackett`s new album, `Out of the Tunnel`s Mouth', twice. I won`t reveiew it because it would have limited appeal, but I will say in this thread if you are looking for progressive music that is challenging , fits the term 'progressive' in the literal sense of the word, look no further. Highly recommended.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score

I have, "Voyage Of The Acolyte" and this is good, look forward to seeing him this summer as never seen him before.

HOBcleveland

Reaction score
Steve Hackett

I just saw that Steve Hackett is doing a show in Cleveland at House of Blues July 1st. It says with special guest Renaissance... should be a great show! Anybody seen Hackett perform recently? Hope he hasn't lost his mojo

Last edited:

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

Steve Hackett set list at the High Voltage festival ...
1.Every Day
2.Fire On The Moon
3.Ace Of Wands
4.Sleepers
5.Los Endos (Genesis cover)
Brilliant guitar work, he has put out some dates across the UK, well worth going.

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score

I just saw that Steve Hackett is doing a show in Cleveland at House of Blues July 1st. It says with special guest Renaissance... should be a great show! Anybody seen Hackett perform recently? Hope he hasn't lost his mojo
go go go
great show saw it here in NYC and just a Steve Hackett show at NEARfest. Hackett hasn't lost a step.

Harkat

Reaction score

Nice, HP4 :grinthumb
Did you take pictures?

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments