Steely dan

How Do You Feel About Steely Dan???

• I HATE them. I'd rather listen to Radio Commercials!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fagen's 'The Nightfly' is better than any Steely Dan album

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Joey Self

A Voice Of Reason
Reaction score
Re: Let's Talk About Steely Dan!!

Music Wench said:
Okay Joey, let's go!!!

Ok, now that we've got a committed quorum, do the players want the "classic" Dan tournament: CAN'T BUY A THRILL through GAUCHO, or the "complete" with TWO AGAINST NATURE and EVERYTHING MUST GO included? I'm inclined to make it of the "classic variety" but I'm just the conductor of this orchestra--others are the players.

And, given the US holiday upon us, I'll probably wait to start it until Sunday or Monday, whichever way we go.

JcS

Reverend Rock

cool music and hot coffee
Reaction score

They're an important band. Aja is an important and outstanding album. I liked them better when they were more of a band, and would have probably voted for that option. The option I voted for was singing along with "Rikki". Love that song...

Martha Washington

eat it! it's GOOD for you
Reaction score

That Slate article is great, Spike. Thanks for posting. Yeah, one of the guys who likes to wave my geiger counter over that guy's songs. I heard the single "H Gang" tonight and I suspect it's gonna grow on me.

runtfan

Reaction score

Yeah, good article, Spike.

I'm a pretty huge fan of "The Dan", moreso now than ever. Back in the 70's, in their prime, I liked them, but they didn't really grab me (at least until the Aja album anyway), but I've since bought the box set and discovered or re-discovered the stuff beyond the radio songs and they're a real treat to listen to. Such a strong catalog.
I like the fact that Fagen and Becker wrote such great tunes and then took the time and care to have the best players they could get their hands on playing the songs with them. Steely Dan is funny, catchy, slick, and the playing and production is impeccable.
They're definitely one of the best American bands ever. I couldn't believe in one of our past CRF or CRF2 tournaments that CCR beat Steely Dan (among others) as the greatest American band.
I regret that I've never seen Steely Dan in concert.

Drummer Chris

Reaction score

Steely Dan has always been a groovin' band for me, great stories, wit and music.
It was really cool when they reunited for the recent Two Against Nature CD and tour in 2000;didn't catch them live but if they "Do It Again" -I'll be there!

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ByronPasch

Members online

No members online now.