Steely Dan (Official Thread)

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score
listening to their Greatest Hits double LP I bought today for a buck. Love it. I already have this on vinyl but I couldnt resist buying another one.

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
listening to their Greatest Hits double LP I bought today for a buck. Love it. I already have this on vinyl but I couldnt resist buying another one.

Great purchase, even for 20 bucks that record would be well worth it. Huge huge fan of Steely Dan, I have 'Citizen Steely Dan, 1972 - 1980' which is a 4 disc box, and I never get tired listening to those guys chillin' out they way they did, great song writing and production. They still tour but haven't made a new record in 10 years, which I don't get it when a band does that, and implies that it is dried up as a creative force, and just basically becomes it's own 'tribute-band', so I hope they one day go back in the studio.

glenn7623

Reaction score
"Can't Buy A Thrill" featured the vocals of David Palmer with a beautiful song called "Dirty Work".Then Elliot Randall with his smoking guitar work on "Reelin' In The Years".Fagan and Becker met in college in the Boston area.I read that one of their first drummers was Chevy Chase but that could be a rumor who knows...

Glenn

Last edited:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Chevy Chase being one of their drummers rings a bell Glenn...but I can't be certain.

Dirty Work is a good song, people that don't like the later more sophisticated Steely Dan sound I always ask them to check out "Can't Buy A Thrill"...it was one of our favorite party albums back in the day.:D

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online