Stage Collapse at Indiana State Fair

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score
^^Death Cab for Cutie(I think that was the band) has not recovered from the Ottawa disaster, they lost most of their equipment in the collapse and still aren't able to tour.

That is trivial of course compared to people getting killed.

I'll tell you one thing, living here if you are outside and you see a massive thunderhead, you run for cover immediately, and we get them all summer long so being outdoors for an event is always risky business.

I know that Cheap Trick's equipment was still on stage when it blew over, but then I suppose with Death Cab headlining, all their gear would have been in position on the risers to be rolled on.

I saw Aerosmith last year in what at the time seemed terrible conditions, but after these two recent disasters, it was just a spot of rain.

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
That is unbelievable. Never seen anything like it. Within a month of the Ottawa Blues Festival stage collapsing just after Cheap Trick were on. I can imagine a serious structural re-design of these stages coming after this.

Thoughts go out to the friends and families of the victims.
Yep, my first thought was the Cheap Trick incident too. +1 on the sentiments of PW...

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I was way out in Monticello Indiana on vaca and was watching the news, and all the Indiana State fair ads on T.V....I mean like days before this happened.

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Re: Indiana State Fair stage collapses-5 dead

Video of the collapse-warning you do see it falling on people

What was really cool about this was the amount of people who went down to help remove the stuff off the people.. Instead of leaving they jumped into action and became hero's..
That to me is what makes me happy about the compassion we have in a time of crisis..

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vikas2324thakur

Members online