Soundgarden (Official Thread)

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Deluxe edition just has demos. Nothing special bout them, really, just unproduced versions of the songs.

Yeah if they had been proper bonus songs I would have been a bit peeved. I hate bonus deluxe edition exclusives. If they write songs, put it out for everyone to be able to hear, not just store exclusive members or deluxe editions.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I never really bought a lot into Soundgarden as far as collecting, but always did like Spoonman. I also like the memories of the late 80's and early 90's associated with the band. So I DID buy this compilation and enjoy it very much so. I really like the DVD that comes with it that has ALL their videos. :grinthumb

714eakBQ2wL.jpg

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
I loved them for agaes and then they went away for some time, I love all their early stuff and saw them live for the first time at Donnington this year. I will pick up their latest when it is down in price.

Khor1255

Reaction score
I never really bought a lot into Soundgarden as far as collecting, but always did like Spoonman. I also like the memories of the late 80's and early 90's associated with the band. So I DID buy this compilation and enjoy it very much so. I really like the DVD that comes with it that has ALL their videos. :grinthumb

714eakBQ2wL.jpg
Yeah, me neither but Chris Cornell did a lot in the Seattle music scene and their drummer was interesting as well. He approached beats in a somewhat non traditional form that I thought was pretty cool.

Born to Lose

Reaction score
Soundgarden!!!! One of the best bands in their day and after their comeback probably going to continue that legacy. They broke up on tour in '97, I believe, and their first new album came out in '12 and it was great. I dont know many bands who can make such great music right off the bat after a nasty breakup and a long hiatus. King Animal was phenomenal... By Crooked Steps, Been Away Too Long, A Thousand Days Before, and Rowing are some of their best songs ever, IMO, and I was lucky to catch them at Terminal 5 in NYC this past January and they put on an amazing show. They played 27 songs, and they played plenty of old stuff, as well as new stuff.
Chris Cornell went in an... ahem... interesting direction after Soundgarden, but his work with Soungarden still makes him legendary, and he seems like a really classy dude.

CurtRHCP

Reaction score
I often listen to their EP "Screaming Life-Fopp"... I like "Badmotorfinger", Rusty Cage, what a song!